Are you looking for your next career move, a chance to become part of an established and sustained company, or just simply looking for a change, then this is a chance not to be missed!
Spring Technology are currently recruiting on behalf of one of our leading private sector clients.
Our client are looking for a experienced Network Engineer for an initial 3-6 month contract.
This role is offering remote working due to the working hours of the client. The client is based in America and you will be working to the America CST time.
The successful candidate will be expected to analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions. Evaluate cost analyses and vendor comparisons for large scale projects to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations, and measures feasibility of various approaches. Ensure adherence to model created and overall budgetary guidelines. Create extensive documentation to support operational teams. Mentor less experienced engineering personnel.
* Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework.
* Design, test, and inspect data communications systems.
* Perform network modeling, analysis, lifecycle, and planning.
* Analyze, engineer, and execute software functions.
* Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects.
* Manage technology vendors.
* Participate in departmental process/procedures development.
* Stay abreast of how technology infrastructures are currently impacting and driving competitors.
* Mentor less experienced engineering and technical personnel.
* Maintain technical expertise, required industry certifications, and stay current with new and emerging networking technologies.
* Determine production direction.
* Write functional requirements/specifications documents.
* This position requires an individual that is able to manage multiple technical projects in a fast-paced environment. The individual selected must have excellent time management and communication skills.
* Minimum of five years of industry experience in a design and engineering role in a large enterprise or service provider environment with the installation and support of a large IP network.
* Working knowledge of routing protocols including BGP4, OSPF, ISIS and knowledge of the Internet concepts and routing architectures is required.
* Working knowledge of spanning tree and layer two switching concepts is required.
* Working knowledge of load balancing technologies and DNS is preferred.
* Working knowledge of Cisco IOS is required.
* Working knowledge of Juniper Routers and JUNOS software is required.
* Working knowledge of Physical design and implementations
* Working knowledge with one or more scripting languages (Python, Visual Basic, Java Scripting, or other)
* CCNA or other equivalent certifications is preferred.
* Knowledge of data communication concepts and technologies is required.
If this role sounds of interest to yourself and you are suited to this role please send your CV to .
Spring Technology is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Spring Technology is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.