Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: Selby Office(some Remote Working possible)
Main duties and areas of responsibility
1. Debug issues that have been reported and logged in ticket tracking system.
2. Create and implement fixes, writing clear and concise code and documentation.
3. Suggest improvements to the existing system and workflows.
4. Identify possible areas of improvement.
5. Share knowledge of emerging technologies / industry trends with the team.
6. Complete work within timescale and quality expectations.
7. Follow best practices when producing code.
8. Analyse and size tickets as part of a team for sprint planning purposes.
The above list of responsibilities is not exhaustive, and you may be required to undertake other responsibilities as requested by your line manager, appropriate to your role.
• Minimum 2 years commercial experience
• 3+ years commercial experience
• Zend PHP Certification
• Degree in relevant subject
• Proficient in PHP (preferably PHP 7)
• Proficient in one or more databases (MySQL, MSSQL, MongoDB, CouchDb, SQLite)
• Strong communication skills (Verbal/written)
• Ability to work in a team
• Eye for detail and identifying problems
• Analytical and commercial experience
• Able to work under pressure in a fast pace environment
• Proficient in PHP and another language, for example (Python, C#, Java)
• Proficient in several databases (MySQL, MSSQL, MongoDB, CouchDb, SQLite)
• Proficient in Doctrine and ElasticSearch
• Proficient in ZendFrame work
• Mobile App development experience
• An understanding of business
• Developing Skills, Knowledge & Experience: seeks out best practice and strives to extends knowledge and skills
• Planning and Organisation: able to organize and plan assigned activities in more detail if needed
• Thinking and Decision making: shares ideas with other
• Reputational and Commercial Awareness
• Building and Maintaining Internal/External Relationships
• Communication: building effective relationships with customers
• Team Work and Leadership
• Problem solving
If this sounds like you, click APPLY now!