Engineering Technician (Remote Sensing)
Science | St. Louis, MO
PREFERENCE: COMPUTER SCIENCE DEGREE AND 1 YEAR EXPERIENCE
Looking for an Engineering Technician (Remote Sensing) who will support the validation of data quality and perform processing and analysis of aerial imagery of crop fields acquired by Manned and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. This role will support the development and scale-out of enterprise level automated aerial imagery processing pipeline.
What you will do:
● Execute field data ingest pipeline to load field data into internal database systems
● Process imagery and meta data to produce geo-referenced and calibrated layers
● Validate data quality of image stitching, radiometric calibration and statistical models application
● Resolve data quality issues in collaboration with stakeholders; track quality metrics
● Perform analysis of aerial imagery (UAV & MAV) using statistical analysis software, image analysis software, or Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications.
● Collaborate with other team members on automated image processing and writing code
● Support researchers with accessing the data for research projects
What you bring to the table:
● B.S. in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Remote Sensing, Statistics, Environmental Science, EE, Physics or a closely related field.
● 1+ years of relevant work experience
● Experience in the following fields:
○ Modern computer programming language (Python, Java, C++)
○ Cloud computing environments such as AWS, S3, EC2
○ Using APIs to access cloud based services
○ Excitement to learn new topics, develop new skills and use new tools.
● Determination to identify and implement opportunities to establish and improve standard workflows
● Optional desirable experience:
○ Familiarity with UAV imaging workflows and data processing
○ GIS software and libraries such as ENVI, QGIS, ArcGIS, GeoServer and GDAL
○ Implementing algorithms on big data in distributed environments such as GeoPySpark
Company Description Every day at Hunter International, we connect clients with the best and brightest talent in their industry. We provide leading organizations nationwide with recruiting solutions that ensure an efficient and timely hiring process. In addition, we seek to understand job seekers' skills and accomplishments, forging a career path that will enable them to reach their professional goals.
Hunter International Recruiting is certified as a women's business enterprise through the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), the nation's largest third party certifier of businesses owned and operated by women in the US. We recognize the commitment to supplier diversity that is embraced by corporations and government agencies today, and we can add diversity to your supply chain.
Follow us on
Like us on Facebook: Hunter International
Follow us on