SAIC is hiring a Network Cloud Engineer with AWS
for our GSA GEO Program (Virtual/Remote)
SAIC is looking for an experienced Network Focused Cloud Engineer to support the GSA Enterprise Operations. The selected candidate will play a critical role in providing reliable, efficient, and secure Web services in support of GSA s mission.
- Designs, plans, and integrates cloud computing and virtualization systems using infrastructure as code and modern cloud-native deployment techniques such as DevOps and/or DevSecOps.
- Develops and conducts testing of cloud and virtualization systems.
- Develops automation scripts for efficient deployment and operations of cloud and virtualization systems.
- Maintains technical expertise relevant industry standards and best practices in cloud computing and virtualization technologies such as cloud service provider architecture, design, and configuration; cloud deployment models including public, community, private, and hybrid; cloud service delivery models including infrastructure-, platform-, and software-as-a-service; automation; hypervisors; containers; virtual compute, storage, and networks; virtual infrastructure management; self- provisioning; and scaling.
- Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud- based and virtualized services.
- May also provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System & Op. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation, Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Performs network configurations i. e. Router s and Switches to support Cloud based connectivity
- Network and Cloud Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Develops creative technical solutions to complex problems.
- Guides the successful completion of major programs.
- Represents the organization as a prime technical contact on projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction and reviewed for desired results.
- Exercises judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Establishes and recommends changes to policies.
- Familiar with Agile development processes.
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- BA/BS engineering or related IT, System Engineering, or STEM degree (or an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree) + 8 years of experience
- Experience in Systems Engineering or Network Engineering
- Network engineering experience with a variety of vendors (Cisco, HP, arista, etc.)
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud architecture, operations, DevOps, or administration
- Experience with cloud automation and scripting
- Experience with containers (e. g., Docker)
- Experience creating deployment scripts (e. g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- US Citizenship is required
- Able to obtain (and maintain) GSA GEO Public Trust designation as a condition of employment.
Work Location and Travel:
- Able to travel up to 5%
- Position is 95% remote/telecommute based
Desired Experience and Certifications:
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification and AWS Advanced Networking Specialty cert desired (Professional strongly preferred)
- MCSA: Cloud Platform certification desired (MCSE: Cloud Platform and Integration strongly preferred)
- Experience with other cloud platforms, e. g., AWS, strongly preferred
- Experience with AWS GovCloud desired, C2S strongly preferred
- Cisco CCNP or Equivalent