We're looking for a new employee in our small eight-person team and give you the opportunity to be part of our very exciting journey.
You are a Senior Infrastructure Engineer f/m (Site Reliability Engineer, DevOps) with strong experience, and you will be an essential part of our bootstrapped, lean and focused company. The position is full-time. This is an excellent career opportunity to join a fast-growing 100% remote company in a key position.
- be responsible for the infrastructure of our award-winning apps used by millions of active users every day
- ensure reliability, scalability, and performance
- tackle problems relating to critical services and prevent problem recurrence
- maintain services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- work agile with a motivated and innovative small team (including us, the two founders)
Skills & Requirements
An ideal candidate is autonomous, proactive, and has experience working in a variety of different platforms and technologies. We admire engineers who take the initiative, make their own decisions and implement them precisely.
- you solve challenges involving scaling, high availability, reliability, data pipelines, micro-services, and more in your day-to-day work.
- you are comfortable building and scaling applications on one or more technologies that make up our stack: PHP, Python, Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, Ceph, Redis, Memcache, Cassandra, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Gitlab, Gearman, MQTT, Puppet and more.
- you can cross systems, DevOps, and application software boundaries.
- you have experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls) or networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies and hardware).
- you are fascinated by the complex issues that arise as a result of operating large-scale systems and you understand that automation plays a critical role.
- you are skilled working directly on the command line and you take pride in building internal tools to help your team be more efficient.
- you love learning, enjoy playing with new tech and exploring areas that you might not have experience with yet.
- you love getting things done and you never give up, when it’s getting difficult. It’s a challenge to master every situation.
- you speak and write business-fluent English
If this profile matches your expertise, experience, and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your full application, including references, salary requirements, and possible starting date.