Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Business Information Consultant develops processes to support the long-term data quality strategy. MMA (Member Management Analytics) is now looking for a skilled and experienced data analytic professional, with the right blend of curiosity, analytic skills, and business value to work with Anthem's Enterprise Data Governance Team to create and enforce feed-forward quality mechanisms to ensure only acceptable data is delivered to MMA; Works closely with deep analytics teams, post-production, to identify data quality gaps; and implements reporting processes in order to track quality improvements and enhance current systems. MMA powers Health Care Analytics in a big data environment. Our work powers Anthem's industry leading work in Population Health Management, Evidence Based Medicine, Outcomes based analyses, Physician behavior change, Personal Health Interventions, Predictive Modeling, Cost based analyses, Healthcare quality analysis, and Enhanced Personal Health Care enabling our clients to achieve value-based care objectives.
Responsible for serving as an expert in data analysis, reporting and formulating recommendations and providing guidance to other data analysts. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to: Creates and maintains databases to track business performance. Analyzes data and summarizes performance using summary statistical procedures. Develops and analyzes business performance reports (e.g. for claims data, provider data, utilization data) and provides notations of performance deviations and anomalies. Creates and publishes periodic reports, as well as any necessary ad hoc reports. May require taking business issue and devising best way to develop appropriate diagnostic and/or tracking data that will translate business requirements into usable decision support tools. May make recommendations based upon data analysis. Provides analytic consultation to other business areas, leadership or external customers. Data analysis and reporting encompasses a much higher level of complexity.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop metrics to support quality control of data prior to analysis
- Develop standardized tracking methods, which facilitate the quality checking process
- Work with internal users to resolve quality issues and develop reports to present status to management
- Establish an on-going process to maintain quality data and define data quality control mechanisms, and data quality audit processes
- Monitors Daily all quality metrics to proactively identify issues related to data
- Responsible for data integrity checks, report anomalies; coordinates with development, clinical, and product teams for resolution
- Work closely with colleagues to try and identify data quality related problems and solve them
- Identify and leverage opportunities to improve the quality management processes, systems, and standards
- Work closely with business partners and MMA associates to resolve any quality issues
- Utilize profiling, quality tools and various data sources in order to determine causes of quality issues
- Recommend modifications and changes, if any, to the appropriate departments
- Knowledgeable about MMA and Anthem data warehouse data and MMA solutions
- Responsible for using available resources to perform in-depth research and provide direction to customers as they seek to develop or use existing BI solutions
- Appropriately escalates and proactively communicates with Leadership to confirm priorities and approach
- Accountable for understanding data quality needs and the impact of existing and new MMA deliverables
- Recognizes trends in data quality and reports key trends to management
- Define rules and checks to evaluate data quality
- Understand data quality dimensions, data quality tools, techniques, and methodologies
- Maintain documentation of data quality standards, business rules, and quality mechanisms
- Requires a BS/BA degree in Statistics, Economics, or Business Administration; 5+ years of relevant experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- Experience in programming using SQL and various RDBMS including Netezza, SQL Server 2012, DB2, Oracle, Teradata, MS Access.
- Experience with Netezza preferred. Experience with Business Objects and/or other business intelligence tools preferred.
- Excellent leadership, problem solving, organizational, planning, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Knowledgeable across products, customer facing in recommending solutions, and expert in data analysis
- Prior experience in software development, database administration, Software/Application testing, and IT Operations (Data processing/job scheduling and delivery) preferred
- Experience in applying quality methodologies- i.e. CMMI, Lean Six Sigma, etc. - in a development/data analytic environment preferred
Please note, we currently have one opening for this position which must be located in our Atlanta, GA office location - this is not a remote position