Technology is the most powerful equalizer of our time, providing access to data, knowledge and connections. Putting our technology in the hands of nonprofits and educators so they can connect with others and ultimately do more good.
Hiring for immediate opportunities for extremely talented Software Developers who want their lines of code to have significant and measurable positive impact for users, the company's bottom line and the industry. Everything we develop runs in real-time, at web scale, supporting hundreds of millions of requests through our API and our UI. This creates technical challenges that require innovation at scale.
- Design, implement and ship apps that can scale to hundreds of millions of users on multiple form factors
- Lead feature and architecture design with a major focus on user interaction, performance, scalability and future expansions
- Collaborate and work closely with Product Management and User Experience teams
- Adopt, embrace, and promote agile and test-driven practices with your peers
- Participate and promote architectural initiatives, balancing long-term velocity with short-term customer needs
Required Skills and Experience
- Expert in translating design solutions to mobile form factors both in the browser and as native applications on iOS with a keen eye for UX and responsive design. Android experience a plus.
- A history of independent projects contributed to open source or otherwise delivered as finished apps or libraries
- Understanding of distributed programming concepts, especially scalability, data synchronization, local caching, APNS and reactive user interface design.- Experience packaging and distributing mobile applications through the App Store.- Religious about high performing applications - every millisecond counts.
- Ability to learn quickly, deliver quickly, and willingness to aim high and fail responsibly.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree (or its foreign degree equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- At least 4 years of software engineering experience.
With the mission to build the world's most capable technology platform that will connect donors to their favorite charities, in addition to recommending new ones, worldwide by leveraging technologies such as Machine Learning and AI, all within a suite of v1 applications build from the ground up.
In essence this Philanthropy Cloud will become the largest and most scalable Social/Non-Profit platform in the world, boasting more than 100 million users worldwide. Salesforce.org has already aligned with the largest philanthropy partners on the planet with one such partner connects more than 120,000 corporations and 50 million individual donors to the most recognized charities worldwide.