Our team is looking for a results oriented Unity Mobile Game Developer to help take our game "Sega Slots" to the next level. You will work with designers and artists to create new features and content in the game, as well as fix bugs, improve performance, and write tools to improve the efficiency of the team. This is a full-time remote position.
- Create brand new slot machines, mini games, and other features from design docs, and make design decisions yourself based on user experience and game design best practices
- Write solid and reusable code that fits into our existing Slots engine and adheres to our style guide
- Work with the design & art teams to figure out what they want, and offer guidance based on what is possible in Unity
- Improve workflows by making custom inspector panels or Unity Editor windows
- We don't care where you are in the world, but you must be able to consistently work 9am-5pm Pacific Time, Mon-Fri
- Be an excellent C# programmer with good knowledge of Unity internals
- Understand and identify good user experience, good visuals, and good game design
- Design and write simple algorithms, and choose appropriate data structures
- Animate things via the Unity Animator, coroutines, and tweens
- Good knowledge of UGUI (Unity Gui), Sprite Renderer, and 2D workflows
- Tweak & adjust particle systems as well as hook up VFX from artists
- Good with Git
- Familiarity of games, mobile games, and mobile devices
- Fluent in spoken English and willing to talk on voice chat to collaborate with co-workers
- Bonus skill: Integrate new native code iOS / Android plugins into our Unity project
- Bonus skill: Understand mobile performance bottlenecks and suggest/implement changes to improve performance
- Bonus skill: create shaders to achieve a specific 2D visual effect
- Bonus skill: experience creating web-applications with .NET & C#
- Bonus skill: knowledge of Slots
We collaborate online with Slack, Teamspeak, Github, Dropbox, and Google Docs.
Our entire company is work from home! We were founded on the principle that having control over when and where you work is essential for happiness. All of us take advantage of flexible hours to deal with life when it happens - whether that's spending time with your kids after school, medical appointments, or just friends visiting from out of town during the day.
We don't think that a great job should require you to uproot your life and your family, or that a life event should force you out of a great job. We want to work with great people no matter where your life takes you.
The development process is very collaborative. You will have a strong voice in deciding what we do, even gameplay and design.
Our culture is very open and transparent. We work hard to empowered everyone to make decisions and affect change.