SAP FICO Functional Consultant
Pittsburgh PA - Possible Remote + 50% Paid Travel
Subject Matter Expert, SAP Controlling (CO)
The FICO Subject Matter Expert (SME) is the solution expert of one or more functional area/module in SAP.
SME is considered as the "go-to" person when detailed setup or solution design questions are to be addressed on a particular functional area.
He/she is accountable for the following tasks within the change control process
• Creation of the Functional Design Documentation (FDD) including
o Detailed solution design
o Test scenarios/scripts to validate the solution
Within the Operational Support process SME is considered as 3rd level support.
SME act as liaison with the live businesses to:
• Proactively engage with solution proposals
• Keep up networking within the respective functional area/module
• Ensure leveraging best practices
SME tightly collaborates with the Global Solution Architects to:
• ensure global template consistency
• solution fits across business areas
SMEs supports multiple projects and BAU activities, so they are not dedicated resources for a single project.
He/she reviews and supports testing of the developer code for developments in conjunction with developers and liaises and resolves faults identified with the Data Migration / Integration and Testing teams in support of testing cycles.
Area of responsibility:
Standard costing, actual costing, cost center accounting, internal order accounting, reporting and analysis
Seven years plus working with SAP FICO in a hands on project environment
• Experience in enterprise-level SAP projects using waterfall methodology throughout the whole life cycle with repeated and demonstrable success
• Expert level understanding of the SAP product suite
• Extensive experience with SAP configuration, including workflows, validation rules, and security controls
• Experience defining business requirements, writing functional design documentation
• Expert level experience of SAP modules and underlying architecture design
• Experience in designing SAP software components
• Experience integrating SAP with different business systems, as well as working with integration tools
• Expert level understanding of environment management, release management, code versioning best practices, and deployment methodologies
Full lifecycle ERP experience in an SAP manufacturing environment with specific understanding of manufacturing, supply chain, shop floor, commercial and finance processes and operations
Expert in depth understanding of business functions and SAP. Specific knowledge of at least one of the following
Financial (Costing; Metal Accounting; Fiscal; Controlling)