The Senior Staff Project Manager will manage software implementation projects of GE software for customers as part of the new GE Digital business. The successful candidate will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes within the IDI segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business go.
• Plan and implement projects at various customer work sites in the US and abroad, including the activities of staff and subcontractors
• Primary customer contact for the duration of each project. May commission, resolve specification issues, handle correspondence, provide periodic updates, ensure customer satisfaction, and negotiate/coordinate with staff as appropriate
• Proactively provide customers with product and services information and project updates
• Identify opportunities for customers to get the best value out of GE software
• Translate customer needs / requirements into detailed project plans while driving internal execution to meet project targets
• Manage a network of resources (including contractors) in support of project execution.
• Identify opportunities to expand the project in ways that bring value to our customer and satisfy our profitability requirements
• Take part in the writing of reports that describe the results of a project
• Participate in the development of proposals for projects
• Manage the project budget and timeline and ensure the resources are available to complete the project within budget and on time in order to meet customer obligations
• Ensure that delivered products and services achieve highest quality and performance levels
• Negotiate change orders with the customers
• Professionally represent GE during all customer communications
• Lead a varied staff that will include employees, customers, partner companies, or subcontractors
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 5 years of experience in an engineering or project management position)
• At least 5 additional years of experience in a project management, engineering or manufacturing role
• At least 5 years of project management experience working in a lead capacity implementing projects in a field environment
Desired Characteristics: - Please limit the desired characteristics to 12 points total, (4 in each section as shown below and align it to the capabilities required for the job)
• Previous experience in the software industry, preferably software services
• Understanding of GE software products such as Predix, Proficy, CSense,
• Instructs others on how to thoroughly analyze data and present findings and recommendations in a way that is easy and simple for key stakeholders to make decisions; links analysis to overall business objectives and strategies.
• Can instruct others on processes and procedures. Advises the customer on most favorable outcome, anticipates potential issues to proactively circumvent issues. Adapts to exceptions and develops new procedures and workarounds for others to use. Resolves issues pertaining to scope, schedule and budget, or drive change management. Defines quality requirements.
• Modifies processes to simplify.
• Demonstrates ability to diagnose and solve intermediate to advanced issues. Can isolate highly complex scenarios down to actionable items and drive solutions across disparate functions. Embraces uncertainty, isolates root causes and implement corrective actions to evolve long term organizational best practices. Coaches others on troubleshooting and problem solving techniques. Serves as expert to solve highly critical escalated issues.
• Communicates the importance of understanding customer's business strategies to become an advocate for profitability on behalf of the customer - actively reviews accounts, meets with customers, observes sales force, etc. Coaches/mentors peers and others on the relationship between GE solutions and value to the customer.
• Uncovers and articulates critical success factors necessary for the customer to acquire, implement, and utilize a solution; assists customer in identifying shortcomings even when they may delay a commercial decision; utilizes GE experts to propose creative ways for the customer to master the critical success factors; articulates a roadmap that provides a high likelihood of the customer realizing expected business benefits and other key stakeholders achieving desired personal success; is accountable for overall customer success.
• Coaches/mentors others on best practices for project delivery and execution. Acts as advisor to others in the area of customer satisfaction; focuses on tangible and intangible benefits to ensure customer awareness and satisfaction.
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team. Navigates accountability in a matrixed organization. Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose. Learns from failure.
• Establishes & communicates team members' roles in relation to their function and data. Shares knowledge, power and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill. Coordinates role responsibilities with that of others to achieve mutual goals. Encourages groups to work together to efficiently resolve problems. Proactively coaches and/or mentor's others to improve their contribution to the team. Fosters relationship building between team members and those outside the team. Works with others to achieve goals without regard to band/title. Identifies gaps in roles on teams, and is recognized for growing and distributing talent pools across the organization.
• Develops project plans for multiple initiatives and/or large projects, including outcome definitions, timeline, staffing and resource models, risk mitigation, communication plans, status reporting, and issues management. Effectively communicates to multiple levels of internal and external stakeholders. Leads large project teams, interacting effectively in a matrixed environment. Able to foresee issues and proactively manage scope, schedule, and budget to meet or exceed project commitments. Defines and implements appropriate corrective action plans. Creates referenceable solution deployments.
• Courage to share point-of-view and facilitate tough conversations. Ability to pick up on subtle cues that could add risk to projects or initiatives. Ability to proactively cultivate and identify non-obvious solutions to problems through an astute understanding of stakeholder roles and dynamics. Provides critical feedback into product and commercial teams to advance roadmap or relationship.
• Demonstrates a passion for work and for continual learning. Persistently seeks to accomplish challenges and approaches difficult situations with optimism. Encourages their team's commitment to GE's corporate goals and beliefs. Identifies new opportunities by creating bonds of trust with customers. Creates a team environment where people are motivated, share more, are highly engaged, and ultimately perform better. Evangelizes the value of a human-focused perspective in product management.
• Influences and energizes others toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal in the face of unfavorable odds and setbacks.
• Achieves and maintains direct involvement in customer discussions about expected business outcomes and benefits from the solution; advocates for the customer to have the right GE teams and capabilities in place to ensure critical success factors are met; remains actively engaged until the customer realizes what the expected business benefits from the solution are and the necessary investment to achieve them; identifies next steps and how to string together near-term successes that can be the foundation for future engagements and an expanded business.
Company Description Prestige Staffing is an award-winning, nationally recognized leader in staff augmentation. We specialize in providing elite candidates to fulfill job openings in the IT and Healthcare industries. Our clients include both Fortune 500 companies and small, local businesses. Our mission is to provide employers with only the most skilled applicants, while simultaneously helping qualified professionals improve their careers by placing them in the most ideal work situations.
For over a decade, the professionals at Prestige Staffing have continually provided an unparalleled level of service and expertise. Our personalized approach and record of success leads employers to rely on us repeatedly to provide the most highly qualified and best matched candidates. Meanwhile, these attributes assure job seekers that their needs and goals are a top concern, and that they will be placed with only the most reputable and successful companies.