Everyone who wants to change the world should have the tools and technology to do so. Technology is the most powerful equalizer of our time, providing access to data, knowledge, and--above all--connections. We get our technology in the hands of nonprofits and educators so they can connect with others and do more good. As a social enterprise, the more missions our technology supports, the more we invest back into technology and communities, creating an endless circle of good.
We are building the next generation B2B2C platform. It will have the complexity of B2B and the Scale and Performance of B2C.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will be responsible for overseeing the user experience across all types of projects, including customer and partner portals, social applications for business, mobile applications on iPads, Android tablets, smartphones and enterprise business applications across nearly every department function. You will work closely with our UI Designers and our Delivery team, help manage client expectations, lead design sessions with clients and/or external vendors, and use a sharp eye to ensure adherence to quality guidelines and the application of UX best practices on all our projects.
As a founding UX Designer, it will be your role to drive innovation, creativity, and to think outside of the box. You will be hands working with the executive team to take ideas and translating them to technical deliverables.
● Provide leadership and direction in designing the experience model across channels
● Provide thought leadership in promoting and applying user-centric design thinking on projects
● Project lead on defining the user experience, including storytelling, personas, process flows and interactions
● Work closely with executive leadership and engineering to define product scope and roadmap
● Develop and maintain relationships with client stakeholders
● 4+ years of relevant work experience in UX, with well-rounded expertise in visual, interaction design and prototyping
● Solid experience with either enterprise or consumer social applications
● Proven track record creating designs with clarity and consistency
● Ability to generate multiple UX solutions for a given problem
● Possess solid UX skills in the areas of user research, personas, workflows and wireframes
● Ability to quickly grasp the fundamentals of a complex domain and come up with UX solutions that are simple and well-organized
● Ability to demonstrate comfort translating ideas into highly detailed and annotated wireframes
● Ability to function as a bridge across disciplines, such as Design, Product, Engineering, and Marketing
● Ability to successfully manage all aspects of a project from start to finish
● Experience working on multiple projects with differing deadlines
● BA/BS or MA/MS in design or related field, or equivalent experience
● Portfolio required