Our Exciting Work Environment
This position will be based out of Delaware North's new global headquarters, a state-of-the-art, 12-story, mixed-use building in downtown Buffalo, N.Y. The headquarters facility, reflective of our values, integrates the latest advances in environmental, energy conservation and office design.
The Sr. Network Engineer responsibilities include designing, building, testing, implementing, and optimizing highly available global network infrastructure in accordance with business and application requirements, security policies, and best practices. The Sr. Network Engineer ensures the stability and integrity of company voice and data network services by providing oversight over as well as the planning, design and development of multiple projects. Also analyzes and resolves network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion. Provides associate training where required. Mentors, evaluates and provides guidance and oversight to all members of the Network Engineering team. The goal is to ensure work and projects are completed promptly and thoroughly.
· Provides oversight as well design, configuration and deployment of company voice and data networks for headquarters and global networks. Collaborates with management and department leaders to assess near and long term network capacity needs and direction. Assign projects and work tickets to the Network Engineering Team as required.
· Provides 3rd level support for computer networking problems and trouble tickets. Provides troubleshooting of complex computer networking problems and issues. This position is in a rotation of being on call for after-hours support. Attends daily Customer Care meetings.
· Performs daily monitoring and management of the network infrastructure. Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed. Monitors and tests the network performance and provides performance statistics and reports.
· Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network and telecom configuration, network mapping, processes and service records. Creates and maintains policies , procedures and associated training plans for network administration and support, optimization, usage and disaster recovery. Keep management informed by preparing reports on system performance and problems. Maintain accurate change management documentation.
· Keep current on emerging/new technologies through educational opportunities, research, professional affiliations and personal networking. Proactively research and evaluate tools and technologies for the network environment while developing solutions to increase performance and lower the total cost of ownership. Build relationships with external experts in the field.
· All other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar. CCNP, CCNA, ITIL (ITSM) certification a plus. 5-8+ years of experience in network engineering role with progressive responsibility. 3-5+ years of experience leading a team of network engineers. Knowledge of or participation in development and management of departmental budgets. Strong hands-on technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems. Strong emphasis and exposure to Information Security. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Good communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong customer focus. Ability to work with and as part of cross-functional teams. Must be available to work extended and/or alternative hours as needed for issue resolutions, deployments, system upgrades, etc. Walking, climbing, lifting (10-40lbs avg.), pushing, bending, exposure to heights may be required within the normal course of working within a project. Racking and placement of equipment and wiring. Working in a data center for extended periods of time. Must be able to travel up to 10%.
· Current and working knowledge of routing and switching hardware, routing and switching protocols, internet standards and general network architecture in a predominately Cisco environment. Working knowledge of the OSI model and basic networking technologies.
· Demonstrated experience and thorough understanding of network design, planning and implementation, security principles and general network management best practices.
· Cisco and Aruba Wireless LAN (WiFi) controllers and access points
· Hands on experience with Cisco ASA and VPN
· Experience with Tellabs GPON infrastructure
· Experience with QoS and performance monitoring tools.
· Experience with Cloud networking and AWS VPC.
· Experience with Microsoft unified communications.
· Superior understanding of network routing and switching protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP and MPLS)
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.