Essence of the Role
The Catchafire platform team is a global agile team with a goal to develop world-class products and launch them successfully to our audience of passionate volunteers and inspiring nonprofits.
In addition to technical skills, you should be a self-motivated individual who can collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders both in person and remotely.
- Investigate and champion the adoption of new frontend technologies
- Work with Catchafire’s product team and other internal stakeholders to deliver value to our users, including developing ideas, establishing delivery dates, suggesting alternatives to increase ROI, improving UX, and supporting mulitple devices.
- Mentor full stack engineers to develop their frontend skills.
- Self starter: You are capable of taking charge on a project. You are always looking for new technologies to explore and new ways to improve processes. You lead by example.
- Strategic thinker: You are not satisfied accepting unstated assumptions or taking direction with critical evaluation. You work hard to understand the underlying purpose of each assignment and the rationale behind existing processes. Youhave opinions and are not shy about expressing them.
- Communicator: You communicate clearly and concisely. You have strong opinions loosely held and contribute your thoughts to the group. You argue your positions in an environment that encourages opposing viewpoints.
- Craftsman: You are passionate about your code: its readability, quality, documentation, and maintainability.
- Pragmatic perfectionist: Though you are driven to improve poor code and systems, you nevertheless maintain producivity and ship in challenging environments. You prioritize the right imporvements at the right time.
- Humility: You like challenges and are happy to be proven wrong. You welcome every opportunity to teach or learn from others. You are eager to achieve and work at all levels of responsibility.
- 5+ years experience crafting responsive web pages using HTML/CSS
- 3+ years experience integrating frontend code with modern web frameworks (Django, Rails, etc)
- Experience with version control tools (Catchafire uses Mercurial)
- Experience wit CSS preprocessors (Less, SASS, PostCSS, etc)
- Experience working on consumer-facing web applications
- Experience working in an agile development environment
Nice to Have:
- VueJS skills strongly preferred
- Experience working with a remote-first team in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience working with Django or Python
- Experience working in the social good sector
- Experience working on native mobile applications
- Familiarity with SVG and web components
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits
If our values resonate with you, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Senior Frontend Engineer” in the subject. While we strongly prefer candidates local to our New York City office, telecommuting is an option for excellent remote candidates who are willing to align their workday, for at least a few hours, with US East Coast business hours.