We are actively searching for an experienced Database Engineer to design, develop, and deploy an ETL solution in a Redhat Linux environment in support of existing work with numerous Federal clients.
As a Senior Database Engineer, you will work directly with our clients and related teams to design and develop complex SQL queries and procedures used to support data warehousing and data transformation needs. In addition, you may be required to design and deploy a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) to support client data integration. Also, in support of our clients, you will be looked upon as a knowledgeable resource in the development of CSV, HTML, and PDF reports. Experience with the SAP SuccessFactors Learning (formerly Plateau) data model is highly desired.
- Design and develop Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes to include SQL query and development
- Report Development - Design and develop CSV, HTML, and PDF reports utilizing Eclipse Business Intelligence Reporting Tool (BIRT) or Plateau Report Designer (PRD), SQL queries, and XML
- Customer Requirements
- Direct and monitor all activities from initiation to delivery - accountable for overall performance and delivery of defined scope(s) of work
- Serve as primary customer contact
- Manage and prioritize tasking originating from multiple customers
- Facilitate client meetings, set and manage expectations on multiple projects
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of documentation and governance needed by the client
- Troubleshoot technical issues and work as a liaison between the client, other contractors, and vendors.
- 4-6 years of technical consulting experience
- RDBMS design and deployment experience - Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Ability to design and develop complex SQL queries and procedures
- Test Case Design and Development
- Strong knowledge and experience in data modeling, database design, optimization for performance, SQL, stored procedures
- Familiar with application servers (IIS, Weblogic, Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat)
- UNIX / Linux - shell scripting/cron
- Data migration planning and validation
- Extract Transform Load (ETL) processes and tools (i.e. Pentaho, custom scripts, etc.)
- Experience with SAP SuccessFactors Learning (formerly Plateau) data model/schema
- Single Sign-On - SAML 2.0
- Eclipse BIRT or PRD report development tools
LOCATION: Remote - must be able to attend occasional client meetings in the DC area.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Must be a U.S. Citizen, able to obtain a Secret clearance
Human Capital Development is recruiting firm. We represent a variety of small to mid-sized IT firms in the DC area.