100% remote for candidate(s) meeting all preferred system knowledge and required skills.
The Senior Cloud Engineer's primary role is to architect, build roadmaps, research and design, and hold top-tier ownership for cloud strategy. This includes working with other members of the Infrastructure Engineering team in multiple disciplines, such as storage and networking, with the focus on bridging our private cloud with the public cloud. The role also is responsible for building and managing the Cloud Management Platform, integrations with our database and other platforms. As the SME, ensure that proper documentation, monitoring, hardening and knowledge transfer to others in the IT organization. Important in this role is identifying routine tasks and automating or documenting those tasks to be performed by other engineers or our 24x7 NOC.
Preferred System Knowledge:
- Cisco - UCS, IOS, CloudCenter, UCSD
- AWS/Azure/Google Cloud
- Cloud Storage: Hybrid, Public, Private,
- AWS and Azure
P** R *I* M *AR* Y RESPONSIBILITIES:**
- Design, implement and support software-defined solutions
- Responsible for ensuring workloads and networks are extensible across clouds
- Responsible for the design and maintenance of cloud storage solutions
- Work with architects, solution leads, and management to engineer enhancements and optimize systems
- Mentor and coach others
- Enable a preventive maintenance program in place
Ex** e *c* ution**
- Maintain knowledge of vendor technical solutions in the cloud space
- Participate on project teams as a technical resource
- Understands a wide variety of systems and how they interact to provide a complete service to the customers and meet business requirements
- Provide support of the private IaaS platform
- Work with the Development org to integrate their configuration management and deployment tools to integrate with the cloud platform.
- Responsible for working with the hardware team to ensure the CMP is optimized for the hardware
Bu** il *d* i *n* g Capabilities**
- Manage the full lifecycle and maintain the currency of the environment
- Build and maintain a storage environment that is stable, secure, scalable, and cost-effective
- Maintain accurate detailed system and environmental documentation for areas of responsibility
- Identify opportunities for improvements in efficiency and responsiveness, makes recommendations and implements efficiencies as necessary
- Provide quick and timely updates to work tickets, incidents, and outages
R** e *qu* i ***red Skills*
- Minimum 5 years cloud experience
- Very knowledgeable with Infrastructure as code and related tools such as Terraform, Packer, Vault
- Very knowledgeable with automation and configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible and
- Moderate knowledge of Active Directory, to include Group Policy (GPO), Federation Services
- (ADFS), and multi-site topologies.
- Experience working with multiple public cloud providers.
- Demonstrated experience using a CMP to accomplish orchestration and automation.
- Advanced experience with networking.
- Moderate experience with computes platforms.
- Expert troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Track record of building highly complex environments integrating with VMware.
- Proven ability to use independent judgment and work under moderate supervision
- Perform under pressure in a time sensitive environment while managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to work extended hours under considerable pressure, including holidays and weekends, as necessary.
- Creative problem-solving skills with strong quantitative, analytical, and conceptual thinking skills.
- An affinity for providing exceptional customer service and continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), documentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Cloud certifications highly preferred.
E** ducation : Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience. No ***te:* Sufficient and relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of the educational requirements
P** R *I* NC *I* P *A* L DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:**
- Tier III support for cloud, orchestration, and SDDC
- Operate and maintain the hardware and software necessary to run the IaaS platform in a Tier II role.
- This includes load balancers, servers, switches, routers, storage and other similar systems.
- Assist the Development Team with integrations into configuration management and deployment tools.
- Assist the Infrastructure team with integrating various hardware platforms.
- Document and/or automate operational tasks such as VM provisioning, both on prem and in the cloud
- Incident response, and responding to customer requests.
- Ensure that all IT systems are properly monitored and maintained by following best practices recommendations.
- Collaborate on projects to improve IT services by creating documentation, providing recommendations, and upgrading or expanding systems.
- Work with the NOC to transfer routine tasks and troubleshooting.
- Act as a Tier II point of escalation for the availability of all IT services that support our SaaS environment; Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
- All other duties as assigned.
Since 1987, PCM has been a leading provider of IT products, services, solutions to businesses, government agencies, educational, institutions, and healthcare facilities.
We provide access to over 300,000 IT products like tablets, slate, notebooks, desktops, servers, storage, and networking from leading manufacturers like Cisco, HP, Apple, Adobe, Lenovo and Microsoft. With powerful eProcurement tools, comprehensive software licensing solutions and dedicated Account Executives, it's easy to get exactly what you need to tackle your technical challenges.