Technical Managing Consultant - (Remote)
Our Client is an innovative IT Network Solutions Company based in New Jersey and is looking for a Technical Managing Consultant (TMC) as the primary point of contact with its clients, who is responsible for leading client engagements to successful outcomes. The TMC is recognized as a credible industry expert with specialized knowledge in the areas of network services, network infrastructure, voice/UCaaS, Mobility, virtualization, storage, and security. In addition to leading the project team and exceeding client expectations, the TMC is responsible for creating a comprehensive strategy and supporting project plan and ensures all milestones are met on time.
Key duties and responsibilities:
· Staying current with a subset of technologies; developing and implementing internal training
· Providing subject matter expertise as required for engagements
· Lead or assist in gathering a detailed set of technical and operational requirements to be addressed by providers in a competitive market
· Assess current architecture against industry best practice and accuracy in supporting client's business
· Create potential strategies and assess the pros and cons of each strategy including budget implications, complexity of business requirements, strategic road map implications and end of life/support
· Conduct research, surveys and interviews to gain understanding of the business
· Develop go to market strategy and construct and manage RFPs for network services
· Lead or support negotiations with service providers as applicable
· Make recommendations on solution, service improvements, and present findings to client
· Create service transition plans identifying risks and opportunities
· Provide expertise and guidance across multiple work streams to implement new solutions(s), including ad hoc support of other Managing Consultants in support of technology evaluations
· Lead client engagements and provide SME and customer relationship management to business clients and other infrastructure technology groups
· Develop project plan, track milestones and direct team on day to day tasks
· Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or related field; experience with business management and analysis is preferred.
· 10+ years in network services/service provider including IT service delivery, business engagement and/or project implementation
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to both motivate and lead internal and client teams
· Strong working knowledge of data center and network services including: Virtualization, Storage, Data Center, Cloud, WAN/LAN, MPLS, SIP, legacy voice (local and LD), UCaaS, Mobility, Skype/Lync and wireless networking services.
· Knowledge of commercial agreements, contracts and pricing structures for network services, telephony equipment, WAN and LAN connectivity, license agreements and related cost drivers.
· A broad familiarity with key industry providers who provide the product or service
· Ability to think strategically and analytically, and make sound decisions quickly and efficiently
· Ability to positively and proactively manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
· Ability to effectively train others on new technologies
· Competitive salary commensurate with experience
· Work from home
· Health and dental benefits
email resume to: