SELECT SOURCE INTERNATIONAL
Select Source International (SSI) has been serving major corporations for more than 15 years. At SSI, we believe in building a corporation with only the strongest and most capable individuals. Our world-class consultants have the expertise to meet our clients' demands. Here at SSI, we pride ourselves on the fundamental belief that our team is essential to our company's growth. We assist our consultants every step of the way in order to match them to the best possible position for their skills.
Job Role: Capacity Analyst (Remote Work Option)
Location: Richmond, VA
Duration: Long term, C2H for high performers.
- Minimize the adverse effect on the business of incident and problems caused by capacity related issues in the infrastructure and to proactively prevent the occurrence of such incidents and problems
- Ensure the successful, timely reactive and proactive resolution or initiation of resolution of detected capacity issues, including notification and escalation of high priority issues in infrastructure
- Strong understanding of Server Capacity standards & have clear demarcation on setting capacity recommendations
- Design, Develop and Maintain Periodic Capacity plan - Capacity plan includes monitoring, trending, forecasting and assessing new demand
- Create and Present Comprehensive Capacity Reports on various IT Infrastructure aspects of Data Center to Customers.
- Provide trend analysis and present improvement plans specific to performance and capacity of Systems
- Establish Demand assessment/management - Process ad-hoc and routine demands. Provide Analysis and cost effective recommendations
- Interface with monitoring tools to ensure required capacity monitoring and tools configuration to get output required for capacity analysis are met.
- Good knowledge in presenting different types of charts using MS Excel.
- Good in Excel formulas such as VLOOKUP, COUNT, IF, MATCH, ISNA, IFERROR, PIVOTING etc.
- Good in Excel SORTING, SUBTOTAL and using 'Variables' in formulas.
- Proactive prevention of issues - trend analysis, targeting support action and communication
- Participate in new service offering design reviews; provide input from capacity point of view
- Participate in capacity management process definition, design & maintenance
- Monthly & ad-hoc reporting, capacity related incident review on demand
- Attending performance related issues & provide solutions from the capacity point of view.
- Identifying improvement opportunities and provide recommendations, or refer to business.
- Over all 8 + Years of experience in IT Systems Management with at least 2 Years' experience in Capacity Analysis, Capacity Management and Reporting
- Capacity Planning, Performance Analysis & Reporting
- Capacity Analysis using Trend & Forecast (Predictive Analysis) methods
- Good understanding of data center/network environment
- Reporting knowledge using System, Network & Application Monitoring tools
- Good understanding of Server (CPU / MEM / DISK) concepts, SAN Storage Concepts, Database concepts, VMware & Virtualization concepts
- Excellent Skills in Presentation using Word & PowerPoint
- Advanced expertise in using MS Excel
- Good understanding of Server hardware & Functionality
- Server Administration background (Any UNIX Flavor and / or Windows)
- Background of Infrastructure Monitoring Tools Administration & Deployment (ehealth/Nagios/Xymon)
- Networking SNMP concepts and working functionality of network devices such as Routers, Switches & Firewalls
Note: Selected candidates will be required to submit to a Background Check and a Drug Screen.
Deepak Singh Tomar
Cell: , W: x 5050
13911 Ridgedale Drive Suite 230 Minnetonka, Minnesota 55305
Disclaimer: Select Source International (SSI) does not tolerate discrimination against any applicant on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability, age, sexual preference or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. It is SSI's policy to affirmatively recruit, hire, train, assign, transfer, evaluate, compensate, provide benefits, promote, demote, layoff, recall, and terminate employees on their own abilities, achievements and experiences. This policy applies to all SSI employee activities. SSI encourages diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all SSI associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity.
SSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- provided by Dice Over all 8 + Years of experience in IT Systems Management with at least 2 Years experience in Capacity Analysis, Capacity Management and Reporting