Title: Data Analyst
Location: New Berlin, NY (Possible Remote options)
Duration: Full Time with our Client
As a mutual company, we are independent by nature, so we think about insurance solutions a little differently. Through listening, problem solving, examining your challenges and collaborating on the right solutions for you, our independent agents provide flexible solutions and adapt to your evolving needs. We do the same for our employees. We are process and domain experts, focused on the solutions that deliver results for our clients and our company. We offer a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. You can count on us to deliver on our promises and be there when you need us, as your insurance provider and your employer.
YOUR PURPOSE AND FUNCTION IN OUR COMPANY:
The primary role of the data and analytics team is to help transform our business to extract value from our data assets. In this role you will identify, define and implement methods to use data and analytics to make smarter decisions, and to improve company performance.
You will conduct analyses and develop models as needed to meet business objectives. Key activities include querying and aggregating data, cleansing and standardizing data, transforming data, interrogating and analyzing data, creating profiling summaries and views to share data findings, and selecting and applying various modeling techniques. You will work closely with the business teams to select appropriate methods to solve business problems, as well as translate analytics and modeling results into more easily understood business language.
KEY CAPABILITIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Logical approach to solving problems. Ability to: formulate business problems, assess data needs, develop analysis approach, test/validate results, and measure/learn from results.
- General understanding of various types of analyses to solve business problems. Familiarity and experience with analytical techniques including: data sourcing and manipulation for analysis; generating data statistics; profiling and analysis; summarizing and sharing results.
- Ability to summarize and highlight critical information in a visual and easily digestible format in order to guide business decisions and programs.
- Self-driven to continuously learn and grow as a business professional. Interest in expanding and developing expertise across breadth of analytical tools and applications (programming, data exploration and visualization, modeling).
- Inquisitive nature. Dig deeper by asking questions to uncover needs and better frame business problems. Out-of-the box thinking to explore broader range of options.
- Highly engaged in how analytics positively impacts the business, with a focus on identifying and measuring key metrics to gauge success of projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate with both technical and business focused peers.
- Comfortable working independently and in teams, and in a fast paced change-driven environment.
- Minimum of 2 yrs. experience working as a business analyst or similar position in insurance or a related industry.
- Experience with data analysis using Excel or similar tools to query, explore, aggregate and summarize data (pivot tables, charts, advanced formulas). Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau Software for data discovery and exploration a plus.
- Experience with some programming a plus, e.g., use of Microsoft SQL (or other programming applications) to query and join datasets, manipulate and transform data, and extract datasets for analysis.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite including PowerPoint and Word for delivery of analyses and findings to the business.
Undergraduate degree in mathematics/statistics, engineering, economics, computer science or related discipline that provides a foundation in logic and an understanding of numbers/statistics.
- provided by Dice Data Analysis, Business analysis, Excel, Tableau, SQL, Microsoft Office suite