Appirio, a Wipro Company helps customers improve Worker & Customer experiences with outcome-oriented consultants who bring the latest digital thinking and unmatched cloud experience. We create actionable strategies that deliver results quickly, and help organizations adapt to a new experience-driven era. We do this by harnessing the power of one of the world s largest crowdsourcing communities and thousands of pre-built solution accelerators. Appirio is a trusted partner to some of the world s largest brands, including YP, Cardinal Health, Coca-Cola, eBay, Facebook, Home Depot, Sony PlayStation, Moen, and IBM.
Appirio is looking for candidates who have a strong visual background and are capable/ comfortable working in both UX and UI design. A Sr. UX/UI Designer should have strong design skills and be well-versed in current Web standards, including best practices for usability and accessibility. Both areas require a good eye for design and close attention to detail. Sr. UX/UI Designers should be comfortable working in Adobe Creative Suites, Sketch, Axure, and Invision.
The Sr. UX/UI Designer works directly with the client to identify user experience requirements for the project, developing personas, and developing the information architecture (wireframes) for the project scope. Building on the foundation of the wireframes, this role also creates the User Interface. They ll act as the UX/UI advocate for the user throughout the project lifecycle. They should feel comfortable presenting and leading the client thru work sessions and reviews of project deliverables.
Appirio offers a unique job opportunity that allows its employees to gain valuable project experience, having ownership of projects, working with a collaborative team, and working from home with the occasional travel to client site for work or project kickoff. Please review the criteria below for what we consider to be a strong candidate... and if this position sounds like it s in your wheelhouse... send us your portfolio and resume.
Sr. UX/UI designer needs to be competent in all of facets of the design process, and exceptionally talented and skilled in Interaction and Information Architecture Design
- A well-rounded Sr. UX/UI professional who connects the dots between business needs, innovation and good user-centered design practices
Experienced at driving a user experience from start-to-finish that delivers results, connects emotionally
- Experienced at creating and revising information architecture documents and diagrams including but not limited to: content diagrams, content maps, wireframe diagrams, user flows, process flows and static prototypes
- Develop wireframes and execute overall creative user interface design application
- Passionate about understanding (and keeping the team and clients informed about) current and emerging UX/UI trends
Fluent in responsive design, mobile/tablet UX/UI
- Directing ongoing usability testing and assessment
- Working with client and project teams to complete the information architecture and interface development processes for new production projects including site map, wireframe layout and template development
- Working with internal and client teams to design and build user-friendly forms/ applications/interfaces based on functional specifications
- Participating in key internal meetings including weekly status updates and planning sessions
- Conduct & Facilitate requirements, design, and implementation reviews
- Leads a team in the creation and delivery of design solution documentation (user personas, experience maps, interactive/static wireframes, prototypes etc.) to support the design and execution of a range of products and marketing campaigns
- Grounds decision-making in rich customer insights and research throughout the product lifecycle
Consistently identifies and translates user needs into solutions
- Educates teams, clients, industry around ongoing value Appirio delivers to its customers
- Leads the testing, presenting and refinement of solutions prior to approval and launch
- Leads client and internal presentation of concepts and work
- Takes accountability for all deliverables with the ability to shift focus and priorities when needed
- Provides accountable work estimates
- Critically evaluates concepts and provides constructive feedback
- Occasionally contributes to a new business pitch
- Work with internal partners to brainstorm and create cross-channel concepts
- Collaborates closely with product owners on backlog and strategic planning
- Establish design-thinking best practice to drive great end-to-end experiences
- Needs to have the ability to present in front of clients and define and present recommendations
Ability to learn new technologies and platforms as the industry scales, being able to deliver relevant solutions
Additional tasks that aren t a must but a nice to have:
- Knowledge of CRM Systems
- Knowledge of the Salesforce Suite of Products
Knowledge of accessibility standards and compliance
Knowledge of WCAG and Section 508 Website Compliance and Accessibility Guidelines
Education and Required Experience (Requirements)
5-7 years of UX design experience (and the portfolio to prove it) as a key, hands- on interaction/visual designer of a UX/UI team through the product development cycle of successfully launched web, mobile, and/or software applications.
Digital Media Design, Fine Arts or related field is desired.
- Must show portfolio of work including UX and UI samples of work
- Proven work experience as a UX/UI Designer or similar role
- Versed in most, if not all prototyping and UX tools (e. g. Axure. cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Sketch and Photoshop
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- BS Degree in Design, Computer Science, Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction or equivalent
- Ability to simplify and turn complex interactions into intuitive user experiences
- Ability to synthesize and focus ideas, research and creative vision into tangible direction for product owners
- Ability to empathize with user groups, needs, and mental models
- Exceptional skills in ideation, wireframing, user flows and information architecture
- Ability to apply a brands identity into design screens
- Great skills in using data to improve products and differentiate the user experiences
- Clear and confident communicator with an affinity for visual storytelling
- Extensive experience in leading multiple disciplines simultaneously while managing deliverables and timelines across the project lifecycle
- Flexibility to travel for client or contractor collaboration
- 20-40% travel* Travel is dependent on client engagement.
Not eligible for Visa sponsorship