ABOUT ARTEMIS CONSULTING
Artemis Consulting is a D.C. area-based IT Services and Management Consulting firm that is on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing companies in the U.S, on the Entrepreneur 360 companies list, and one of the Virginia Chamber of Commerce's Fantastic 50 companies. Our teams are collaborative, self-motivated, and focused on creating value for our clients. We are a growing company where you have an opportunity to learn and grow with your peers. We believe in getting the job done and having work-life balance. We offer competitive salaries with a comprehensive benefits package including employer-subsidized health, dental & vision insurance, 401(k) matching, 10 paid Federal holidays, and paid vacation and sick leave.
JOB SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate for this position meets the highly desired development experiences, enjoys programming, and solving highly complex IT problems. The candidate must be flexible, able to work in a highly collaborative environment, prioritize across multiple competing tasks, work independently, and be able to complete tasks on time. Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Serve as hands-on engineering lead of a 4 person remote development team to build reporting and monitoring capabilities for a Federal Government using an agile development methodology, using sprint based delivery
- Reporting service is to be developed in ElasticSearch, Logstash & Kibana
- Monitoring service is to be developed Prometheus and Grafana
- The development of these services will require additional data sources to be added via an ETL process and some source data to be manually migrated using command-line tools, and inventoried in order to be accessible to the reporting service.
- Participate in stand-ups, design/requirements meetings, code reviews, and internal technology sessions
- Work independently on development of code and creation of unit tests
- Work independently on creation and development of configurations for tools, checking them into an open source repository
- Establish a CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Deployment) pipeline using best practices
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Significant expertise with Python, shell scripting, SQL, RedHat Linux
- 5+ years of overall (OOP) programming experience
- 5+ years of solid Python development experience (to include Django or Flask)
- Experience working in an AWS environment
- 3+ years experience with ElasticSearch, LogStash, & Kibana
- 3+ years with monitoring open source tools such as Prometheus and Grafana
- Excellent communication skills
ADDITIONAL DESIRED EXPERIENCE
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Netcool and Cacti, etc.
- Continuous integration tools like Jenkins
- Experience with monitoring and reporting in AWS
- Experience performing ETL tasks to obtain content from servers
- Undergraduate Degree highly desired but can be substituted with 4 additional years of experience
- This is a remote position with a requirement for travel to downtown Washington D.C. up to 1 trip per month (1-2 days) initially.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident or similar authorization to work (required by Federal client); background and credit check is necessary; we cannot sponsor visas
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster
- Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Artemis Consulting is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, religious creed, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, or age.
Artemis Consulting uses eVerify to verify employment eligibility.
- provided by Dice DevOps, Jenkins, Python, Django, AWS, LogStash, Kibana, ElasticSearch, RedHat, Linux, Netcool, Cacti, ETL