A company in Victoria, Texas is looking for a REMOTE Network Administrator for Contract-to-Hire or Direct Hire.
The Network Administrator's role is to contribute to the overall operations of the organization's IT systems. This includes designing, implementing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network systems, server systems, converged telecommunications networks that include voice, data and video. The Network Administrator will also coordinate IT related projects and resources within the department.
Strategy & Planning
- Implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure systems capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Create, follow and utilize policies, procedures, diagrams and associated training plans for systems administration, standard operations, disaster recovery and project management.
- Participate in the development of IT strategies in collaboration with their immediate supervisor.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all systems procurement and development efforts.
- Comply and meet or exceed service level agreements with business units.
- Perform work as assigned by their supervisor that includes but is not limited to evaluate, design, implement, document, monitor, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot of all IT systems, including but not limited to LANs, WANs, Internet, Intranet, Security, Wireless, and others.
- Implement and practice security policies enterprise wide as approved by the IT security committee.
- Analyze system logs and identify potential issues with enterprise systems.
- Create and maintain file systems and storage including retention policies and access rights
- Install, configure and administrate enterprise level software application
- Be the team leader for implementations, service and support
- Train other engineering staff as required
- Conduct feasibility studies for various projects, improvements, and other conversions.
- Implement various projects, improvements, and other conversions.
- Follow & implement hardware and software standards in conjunction with owners and stakeholders.
- Practice full lifecycle IT asset management, including maintenance of inventory and related documentation.
- Test and monitor application, systems & network performance and provide performance statistics and reports; implement strategies for maintaining enterprise systems.
- Test redundancy, disaster recovery and IT security as directed to ensure business continuity
- Manage outside vendors to resolve performance problems or delays.
- Work closely with the team to provide inter and intradepartmental trainings for programs and applications
Formal Education & Certification
- Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of computer science or other technical field and/or 6 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in Cisco Network Technology, Microsoft Systems Engineering and VMware preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
- 6 years' experience managing and delivering systems design and operational excellence.
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting hardware, converged IP networks (Voice, Data, Video), operating systems, databases and more.
- Knowledge of current protocols and standards, including ITIL, HIPAA & HITECH.
- Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and federal laws/regulations to company operations.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Staffing Company - Operating Systems Inc. (OSI)
OSI provides technical services on a project or on-going support basis or permanent placement for midsize to Fortune 500 companies located in the Houston area. Since 1989, we have placed employees in all levels of support and services ranging from entry-level technicians to high-level application programmers.
OSI offers a compensation package including:
- Compensation: OSI consistently pays a higher percentage of gross billing rate than its competitors; in most cases up to 75% of the client's billing rate
- Medical Insurance: Company paid medical insurance; optional coverage available for spouse and children
- Long term Disability
- Workers Compensation Insurance
For more information on OSI, please visit our website at .