• Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures
• Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment
• Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards
• Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades
• Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance
• Develops and implements testing strategies and document results. Provides advice and training to end-users.
• Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems
• May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned
• Participates in special projects as required
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience in network/systems administration and support.
• Administer, manage and troubleshoot Citrix XenDesktop 5.6 and 7.11 and XenApp
• Create, manage and troubleshoot virtual servers hosted in vSphere 4.x through 6.x
• Manage Good Mobility iPhone servers.
• Understanding of Active Directory and troubleshooting GPOs
• Utilizing ticketing system
• Ability to work in large team environment.
• Knowledgeable with VMware ESX servers
• Supporting remote VPN access and Symantec endpoint encryption for laptops
• Familiar with Amazon AWS
• Understanding of SCCM is a plus
• Understanding of EMC SANs is a plus
As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Must possess appropriate; current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTia Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security certification. Security+ CE Certification preferred. In addition; must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date.
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold a TS/SCI Poly.
Benefits of this Position:
• Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
• Professional Development Assistance - Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
• Educational Reimbursement - toward degree programs and individual coursework
• 401K Match - with 100% vesting on day one
• Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
• We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
• Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
• Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
• Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
• Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
• Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
• Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
• Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.