C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, MVC, Containers, Docker, DevOps
6 Month Contract-To-Hire, W2
Carrier Signal is a growing Denver-based company with over 20 years of industry experience. We provide infrastructure consulting, custom software development and managed IT services with a strong focus on cloud-based solutions utilizing Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services. We partner with our customers by supporting their missions with creative use of technology. We support our employees through focus on continuous learning, rewards and career growth.
We are expanding our software development team to work on an exciting multi-year project for the nation's leading human stem cell transplantation (bone marrow) donor center. The scope of work includes modernizing and replacing various applications surrounding the business process of stem cell donation and lifecycle of stem cell donor data. The project includes working on modern DevOps architecture, microservices, CI/CD and containers.
Our development team telecommutes with occasional in-person client meetings. Collaboration, stand-up meetings and code review are handled using tools such as Slack and Zoom. Travel for this position is largely optional. There is an opportunity to join our Lead Developer for in-person meetings with the client's development team in Washington, D.C. if available for travel. The ideal candidate will have the ability to be productive in a telecommuting role and have an appropriate work environment in their telecommuting location.
For a candidate with networking, Active Directory or AWS/Azure background there is an opportunity to be involved with our infrastructure-as-a-service offerings as well. This experience is desirable but not required for the position. The primary focus of this role is C# .NET software development.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· C#, ASP.NET MVC, IIS, Entity Framework
· Visual Studio 2017
· SQL Server, T-SQL
· Web Services (SOAP, REST) / SOA / ASP.NET MVC WEB API
· Object oriented design and development
· Iterative/agile development methods
· Solid understanding in web application environments and development tools, event-driven application development, session state management, web configuration and deployment strategies, security and performance tuning, and debugging methodologies
· Excellent verbal, written and in-person communication skills
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to work as a member of a team
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· ASP.NET Core
· Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
· Cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services
· Microsoft Active Directory and Windows Server
· Networking (Switching, Routing, VPN)
· Must be authorized to work in the United States
Formal Education & Certification
· BS in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience