My client is looking for an Azure Architect to join their ever expanding team.
The Azure Architect works predominantly in the Microsoft Azure Cloud space on projects focused on "on-prem to Azure" workload migrations, Azure Site Recovery implementation and Azure governance/planning. The position should have experience in other Cloud technologies and should be capable in architecting and implementing cloud-based solutions across a wide range of clients, both in the public and private sectors.
Essential Job Functions:
• Work as a member of the the Professional Services Group to understand our client business, functional, technical, and implementation requirements specific to Azure migration strategy
• Create functional design specifications, Azure reference architectures, and assist with other project deliverables as needed
• Provide recommendations to clients with respect to Cloud migrations and prepare technical implementation roadmaps for Azure adoption
• Design and implement state-of-the-art technical solutions on Azure that address customer's requirements for scalability, reliability, security, and performance and leverage existing investments in Azure/MS platforms
• Help customers develop their strategy and business case for Cloud
• Work with business IT to develop hybrid delivery strategy
• Take Ownership of the overall business & technical solution for client proposals
• Share knowledge and experience through formal and informal knowledge management initiatives internally within the client
• Keep current on all technical developments related to Azure and other public Cloud platforms
• Provide leadership to internal project teams and clients
o Azure PaaS technologies
o Azure apps technologies such as Azure SQL, Azure Tables, Cache, SQL Server DW, Azure AD etc.
o Azure IaaS Technologies such as VMs, Virtual networks, Express Routes, Standard/Premium storage etc.
o Deployed applications with Web UI frontends
o Deployed application with RESTful/SOAP services interfaces
o Experience with MS Visual Studio TFS, VSO
o Firm grasp on Cloud security, leveraging Windows operating systems, Active Directory, Federated AD, AD integration
o Well versed in designing and building Azure solutions that include high availability, multi-region and multi-set architectures using virtual networks, availability sets and affinity groups
• Solution and Enterprise Architecture Methodologies and Frameworks
• Business Case Development: Financial and business credibility with experience of methodologies and tools as well as a good understanding of the business drivers for Cloud
• Ability to explain the complexities and implications that arise from different design and methodology options and articulate and prioritize them amidst other decisions and options facing our clients
• Awareness of all services and products from Microsoft and roadmaps
• Must be able to multi-task, have outstanding communication abilities, and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Available to work flexible hours.
• Must be highly motivated and embrace a "whatever it takes" attitude to get the job done right.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
• Minimum 10 years of professional experience in Consultancy or related experience
• Must have significant experience of working in an IT consultancy environment
• Must have extensive experience in architecting complex Enterprise grade solutions in on-premise and cloud environments including Azure classic portal and Azure resource manager in cloud deployments
• Possess an awareness of the competitive landscape and should hold Azure related certifications
• Bachelor's Degree preferred and/or equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
• Microsoft related certifications (MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure preferred)
At Benjamin Douglas, we are passionate about finding the right talent and fit for positions within your organization.
Offering expert consultancy in permanent and contract recruitment, we help our clients achieve their business goals by finding highly qualified candidates to fulfil their needs.
With an International portfolio, Benjamin Douglas represents businesses across Technology, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
Visit our website for more information: .