Hello! We’re a small Swedish digital agency building first-rate digital products and services for private, public listed and government-run businesses and organizations as well as NGOs.
We’re a multinational and distributed team, spread from Santo Domingo in the west to Plovdiv in the east with our heart in Stockholm.
Take a look at our website for some portfolio highlights.
What it’s like working here
TLDR; We have nice perks, interesting projects for interesting clients, and we won’t work you to death.
- You have big opportunities to influence your job and how we work.
- You’ll enjoy a creative and smooth work environment.
- We’re the best colleagues.
- Remote work = OK. We have our office in Stockholm but you’re free to work from wherever you want within the Milky Way.
- Because we’re an international team, English is the lingua franca internally. We also speak Swedish, Portuguese, Spanish, Greek, Slovak, Bulgarian and Lithuanian…
- Leave no colleague behind! You’ll never end up on a long-term contract on your own at some clients’ office.
- 25 days of paid vacation every year.
- Personal Development Days – Every sixth week everyone is free to choose an area in which to boost their skills over three days: Thursday, Friday, and Monday.
- Company Development Days – When we feel it’s necessary to learn new stuff we take time off to do that. How often and how long varies. On the Company Development Days, we pick a mutual thing to learn in contrast to the Personal Development Days where you pick freely what you want.
- Overtime is our enemy and should not exist. You work 9-5, 8–4, 10–6 or whatever suits you. If you can’t stop building stuff then go do good deeds in open source!
- Workload: Every year has 224–229 work days depending on what days the Swedish national holidays occur. Out of these approx 170 will be spent on client work since the following days are excluded: 25 vacation days, 22 personal development days and 5–10 days conference/training days.
- Health/fitness benefits (up to 3000 SEK/year), insurance, doctors appointments during work. Staying healthy is vital to do a good day’s work.
- Pension savings following Swedish standards ITP1/ITP2. This amounts to 4,5% of your monthly salary.
- Company trips. We love traveling the world and make sure to go somewhere at least two company-wide trips per year.
- Up to 350 SEK (approx €35, $40 or £30) each month to spend on stuff that makes you a better designer or developer. Upgrade your GitHub account? Play around with a VPS on Digital Ocean? Pro account on CodePen? Fill your ebook reader with an unhealthy amount of ebooks? It’s your choice.
- Your own stapler. To avoid fires.
- A Mac or whatever computer you prefer that runs OS X or Linux.
- Enjoy working the finest tools of the trade such as Slack, Trello, Quip, GitHub, Harvest, and Basecamp. Among the things powering us are Heroku, Codeship, Honeybadger, New Relic, and Skylight.
- Human love not enough for you? Kobot, our friendly company robot, will be there for you 24/7. (Here’s a list of some of the things he can do.)
- You’re a true professional who loves what you’re doing.
- You have a chronic thirst for knowledge and want to be a leading force in your field.
- You realize that you have superpowers and want to use them together with us for a better world.
- You have at least 3 years of experience.
- You have nice manners and attitude towards your colleagues
As a Ruby on Rails expert, you will be working in multidisciplinary teams building web apps. You’ll be involved from concept to final product.
Most important skills
- Expert knowledge of Ruby on Rails and Rack
- Design Patterns and fluency in OOP
- Know how to write efficient tests (RSpec/Minitest/Capybara, etc)
- Good knowledge of databases (PostgreSQL/Redis, etc)
- Knowledge of APIs and REST principles
Having some knowledge of some of these fields impresses us even more:
- Elixir or another functional programming language
Applying for this job
Submit your application here
Recruiters: We’re not interested in getting any suggestions from you for this position. Thank you.
Agencies: This is a full-time employment only so we’re not interested in collaborations at this point.
Send us an email: email@example.com