Lydia is one of Europe's fastest-growing fintech start-ups. Our mission is to make payments as simple as possible. How? By providing one app to pay for everything in all situations - from paying back a friend for last night's pizza to buying lunch at a food market.
We launched Lydia in Paris in 2013, and we are now the number one mobile payments service in France. We have over one million users across France, the UK, Ireland, Spain, and Portugal, and more than 2,500 people create an account every day.
We've raised over €23 million from some of Europe's leading investors, have featured in global publications like Forbes and Wired, and have been selected as one of KPMG's Global Fintech 100.
We're looking for entrepreneurial, highly motivated talent to join our mission to become Europe's universal means of payment. You will be working with the UK and Ireland Country Manager to continue Lydia's expansion into the UK and Irish student market. Your tasks will include key aspects of growing Lydia's user-base across universities in the UK and Ireland.
- Identify business development and partnership opportunities in the UK and Ireland student sector
- Conducting the whole sales cycle from prospecting and signing partners to partner account management and upselling
- Event planning and organisation
- Organising marketing projects with partners to increase awareness and usage of Lydia by their customers
- Creating marketing collateral documents to facilitate partners' use of Lydia
- Contributing to social media strategy
What you will bring...
- A strong degree from a top university
- Excellent knowledge of the UK student market
- Extremely well-organised, detail-oriented, rigorous
- Creative problem-solver with an analytical mindset and intellectual curiosity
- Proactive self-starter that can take initiative and seizes any challenge, no matter how big or small
- Ability to multitask, adapt to varying challenges, and to work under pressure
- Commitment to our core mission and the drive to help achieve it
- The desire to learn outside of a classroom and your comfort zone
- Great ability to work as a member of a team whilst regularly taking the initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Native or fluent in English (spoken and written) - though if you could tell us what you did le weekend dernier that would be the icing on the cake
What we will provide...
- Exposure to the core workings at a fast growing start-up
- The opportunity to make a real impact on the company's growth and evolution in the UK and Irish markets
- Solid training at our office in Paris
- Flexible working environment
- The flattest of hierarchies
- A culture of open and regular feedback with monthly reviews and frequent informal catch-ups
- The encouragement needed to experiment, make mistakes, analyse, learn, and then to experiment some more
Start date: immediate
Compensation: according to experience
Contract type: full-time freelance role
Location: UK or Ireland (remote)