Remote Senior Tools Administrator with Digital Fuel \ Apptio - Telework role (Job Number:437767)
SAIC is seeking a remote / telework Senior Tools Administrator to join our team supporting a major state & local government customer. The remote Senior Tools Administrator reports to the Chief Operations Manager, and is accountable for maintaining and continually improving orchestrated workflows to automate IT processes throughout the enterprise for a large infrastructure support program.
The remote Senior Tools Administrator will:
- Support of implementation and administration of core management OS and tools which include, but are not limited to: MS SQL Server, MS Sharepoint Server, MS Project Server, Digital Fuel, Splunk, VMWare vRealize, Windows Server OS, and Linux (RedHat and SUSE).
- Interfaces with integration partners for the efficient, effective integration of tools and exchange of information with other peer teams, vendors, and 3rd parties including Cloud providers and ensure high availability and integrity of toolset.
The remote Senior Tools Administrator performs a critical role ensuring that the technology underpinning supporting IT support processes and workflows are working effectively, reliably, and efficiently to meet service objectives and customer expectations.
- You will have the opportunity to solve complex problems, administer user-friendly interfaces, and optimize processes through automation.
- Performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers.
- Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
- Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Plans and implements the modernization of servers.
- Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Incumbent develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures.
- Incumbent in this job works closely with Network and Systems Analysts to help determine and develop the systems that will be implemented.
- This position offers the chance to improve the speed, efficiency, and usability of IT services.
The remote Senior Tools Administrator will also play a key role in representing current and future capabilities of supporting ITSM tools, and contributing to long-term strategy as well as tactical activities leading to the continual improvement of the environment to meet objectives.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; or Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- In lieu of a degree, 4 additional years of related experience may be accepted
- Experience with system administration in an enterprise environment is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of Digital Fuel/Apptio is required
- Excellent communicator and collaborator, capable of working independently and in small groups of developers and administrators
- Operate and maintain production and development Windows and Linux servers.
- Operate and maintain production and development SQL 2014 clusters for maximum performance and ease of disaster recovery
- Operate and maintain production and development environments of MS Sharepoint, MS Project and MS SQL servers.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Assist with the configuration and integration across the full suite of tools, as part of the MSI SMS model, using technologies such as REST and SOAP APIs.
- Ability to assist with formulation and definition of solution scope and objectives while working with a team of Developers / Analysts on functional requirements and specifications.
- Assist in the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new software, enhancements of existing applications, server environments and platforms.
- Independently assists with automation solutions to include hardware platforms, services, and operation systems.
- Experience managing performance and availability of mission critical applications.
- Independently performs and assists other team members in providing ongoing system maintenance, research, problem resolution including root cause analysis, and on-call support tasks for existing systems.
- With limited direction, supports the implementation of systems into production.
- Experience with SharePoint, MS SQL Server, MS Project Server, Service Now is desired
- Experience with related tools and platforms including Identity Access and Management (CyberARK, SailPoint), Microsoft Active Directory, Splunk, and VMWare platforms is a plus.
- ITIL certification, preferred (Foundation or above)
- Strong skills with: MS Office products and Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with the following:
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- MS SQL Server
- MS Project Server
- MS SharePoint
- ServiceNow experience and knowledge preferred
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 17, 2018, 8:47:03 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-FLEXWORK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-NY-NEW YORK CITY, United States-DC-WASHINGTON, United States-VA-RICHMOND, United States-IL-CHICAGO