Sr Software Engineer Evangelist - Ruby on Rails, Elixir/Phoenix
Join a growing and innovative company - Ruby on Rails, Elixir in production
CALLS WELCOME - Contact : Joyce Schiffer - -
Sr Software Engineer will develop operations solutions by guiding development of program specifications, overseeing testing efforts, role building modern api-driven web and mobile systems.
Build apis and web-apps using Ruby on Rails and Elixir that handle complex data models and state efficiently, while having great architectural design to manage complexity.
Hey -- please let me know if you have any interest in helping to build an education/community within our growing company. We need an Evangelist!
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related, required. Master's Degree, Preferred in CS or Information Technology or related
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Experience in a TDD environment and a preference for strong testing.
- Technically strong in and enthusiastic about backend systems and solid software architecture.
- Experience with Rspec/Minitest/Cucumber.
- Sees things from a user's point of view, and figure out the best system flow to implement requirements.
- Has deep experience in Ruby on Rails.
- Interested in and has some experience with Elixir/Phoenix.
- Willingness to grow your experience and involvement in Elixir/OTP based services.
Solid experience with automated build tools for continuous delivery (like Jenkins, TeamCity etc).
Understands how to debug hard problems in HTTP, XHR, JSON, CORS, SSL, S3, etc.
Has Basic Linux/Unix CLI knowledge.
Working source code control (git) knowledge
Ability to debug and consider performance and memory leak issues.
Debugging/profiling at the C/C++ level to analyze memory leak and performance issues
Experience with AWS
Able to reduce complex requirements and user interaction flows into solid API designs.
Good understanding of common architectural messaging/api patterns and pitfalls.
Coffeescript experience is a plus (although we are removing it from our system).
Knowledge of other languages is a huge plus
We have a single PHP system that we are sunsetting - working on moving away from that is our only PHP-related project.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Build apis and web-apps using Ruby on Rails and Elixir that handle complex data models and state efficiently, while having great architectural design to manage complexity.
- Own responsibility of technical decisions and direction for one or many projects/teams.
- Aptly manages team demands on his/her time and shows willingness/ability to delegate technical execution or responsibilities when appropriate
- Act as a liaison or primary point of contact for communicating with client side technical expertise.
- Direct technical aspect of operations related to escalated client accounts or high severity issues as they affect or confront a project or team.
- Attends to both business and technical considerations when designing solutions to project/team or company related issues.
- Demonstrates interest in improving the company's technical awareness, depth and use of technology across the business.
- Participates in the evolution of company level best practices, standards, and policies as it related to software development.
- Provides thought-leadership as it relates to emerging technologies