*** * Telecommute opportunity* * **
The Security Consultant is responsible for supporting the sales team in the sales process and for providing information on security consulting services to client organizations. Security Consultants also work on a project basis to provide consulting services during contracted engagements.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides sales team with technical and security expertise in support of business development activities. Participates in sales calls, helps scope projects, provides pricing estimates and creates pre and post sales documentation.
• Receives work assignments and timelines from the Project Manager. Communicates with the Project Manager to keep the PM up-to-date on project status.
• Provides clients with consulting services during a contracted engagement. Works within area(s) of expertise (e.g., penetration testing, social engineering testing, framework compliance, etc.).
• Executes compliance initiatives including third-party reviews, regulatory reviews and due diligence initiatives.
• Reviews all findings and recommendations and works with assessment team to determine appropriate actions
• Understands and identifies business processes specific to the client's environment and the appropriate risk management practices. Makes recommendations for improvement of processes and controls
• Creates and presents clients with reports detailing methodology, findings, recommendations and remediation activities to increase security within the target environment
• Performs other duties as necessary
Basic Qualifications -
• Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
• At least 3 years IT experience performing network penetration testing, social engineering testing, or vulnerability assessments, to include at least 2 years experience in a consulting role
Other Position Requirements -
• Experience with exploitation of vulnerabilities identified through the course of testing
• Proven TCP/IP and packet analysis skills
• Ability to create project reports to convey complex, technical information clients can understand
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills, to include the ability to effectively work with clients in a consulting environment
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and timelines
• Demonstrated ability to perform technical skills/knowledge transfer to client
• Knowledge of emerging security technologies, software, and methodologies
• Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) Certification
• GIAC Exploit Researcher and Advanced Penetration Tester (GXPN) Certification
• GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN) Certification
• GIAC Web Application Penetration Tester (GWAPT) Certification
• ISC2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility.