Established and growing cloud computing products and services company based in Santa Monica is seeking a REMOTE mid-level (3+ years experience) systems administrator / devops engineer. This position is 100% remote with no travel required other than very occasional (once or twice per year) team meet and greets. This position is for experienced and self-motivated engineers looking for a remote work situation.
Candidates must be fully authorized and qualified to work in the US. No sponsorship is available.
Responsibilities include answering tickets, autonomously driving issues to resolution, and escalating issues to principal engineers if required.
Candidates will start on Mon-Fri schedule for on-boarding, then transition to a Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon/Tue 1st shift work schedule shortly thereafter.
Compensation: DOE $100k+
When replying to this job listing, please include your resume, salary requirements, availability. A cover letter is not required.
Requirements / Duties:
- 25% in-system traditional UNIX/Linux administration and daemon management (user management, shell scripting, cron management, NFS, nginx/apache/language runtimes/storage management/etc.)
- 25% Cloud automation (Ansible automation, VM orchestration, configuration repo management, etc.)
- 25% troubleshooting systems and networking problems as they arise.
- 25% working with product team to integrate and automate virtualization platform tools and products for customers.
- Basic working knowledge of IP networking is a hard requirement (i.e. subnets, vlans, basic routing and switching concepts)
- Ability to work closely with customers, product development, senior management, and other devops engineers.
- Ability to work at a very high level over chat, email, tickets, and phone with customers, partners, and management. If you've spent time on IRC, you'll probably be fine.
- Git experience (we use github) in development and production environments
Nice to have but not required:
- Software defined networking (OpenVSwitch) and Cisco experience
- Sales engineering or customer account management experience
- Basic Windows administration (users/storage volumes/cloud image deployment)
- MySQL / Postgres / SQL Server basic troubleshooting for pre-escalation
Thank you for your time.