This position is responsible for contributing and supporting the technical team and day to day operations through the oversight and support of the following team functions:
-Basic Project Tracking & Coordination -Operations Support
-Business Process Definition
-End User Support (objective to become a subject matter expert for all functioning systems)
At times, it will be important to be able to extract from end users and translate complex business requirements into automated system design specifications or to suggest non-automated business solutions. Successful candidate will perform the needed research to ensure the business requirements have technical feasibility. May coordinate the activities, for a given project, of staff serving in the roles of developers or QA and/or technical analysts. May prepare or maintain detailed work plans for complex projects. Serves as a liaison between Analyst, Developer, Project Management and IT management. Train less experienced Systems Analyst. Follows and promotes the SDLC. This position is responsible for small to medium sized cross-functional project teams consisting of individuals from various IT departments and business units. Develops and maintains project charters, detailed project plans, weekly status updates and provides problem resolution. Manage schedules and assignments of project members within a matrix structure. Allocates work and resources in a manner which best achieves project objectives, a focus on detail while minimizing impact on existing applications and business. Controls project documentation quality, ensuring project meets all requirements and standards. Ensures that all project activities are coordinated and supportive of the project scope, time and budget. Must be familiar with the role and function of each team member in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team. Communicates with appropriate staff/leadership regarding status of specific projects.
Bachelor's Degree Required
Ideal Candidate will have 3+ years of Technical Project Management experience in an Agile environment
Will be handling multiple projects (primarily SDLC) at one time, so must have proven multitasking skills, as well as excellent communication skills
- Serve as the member of a cross-functional project team consisting of individuals from various IT departments and business units.
- Effectively deal with evolving and competing objectives and possess project management tools.
- Plan, prioritize, manage a medium to large project or team and exceed client expectations (scope, schedule, costs, risks).
- Bring high visibility and transparency into the team's progress.
- Develops communication management plans, performs stakeholders analysis, identifies risks and take necessary actions including escalation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of information systems.
- Influence team members, peers and stakeholders to meet the objectives of the project.
- Manage and resolve conflicts within the team.
- Analyze operational impact of customer requests, forecasting costs, equipment and resource requirements.
- Manage all phases of risks management, including risk planning, identification, responses and remediation.
- Performs contingency planning.
- Lead, facilitate and possess interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a cross-functional team dynamic.
- Demonstrate proven experience in running projects using lean/agile methods such as Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Demonstrate servant leader qualities for leading the team.
- Empower the team to be self-organizing.
- Empower the team and stakeholders to make decisions.
- Measure and report progress frequently using agile metrics.
- Demonstrate knowledge in Agile Requirements Gathering methods, Story identification, breakdown and estimation techniques.
- Conduct coordinating practices in Agile methods such as Release Planning, Iteration Planning, Grooming, Daily Standup etc.
- Develop and maintain project charters, detailed project plans, weekly status updates and provides problem resolution.
- Creates and maintains WBS, RACI, Stakeholder Register and detailed Project Management