At Singularity University, we transform how people think about the future and guide them in building new capabilities to get there successfully.
Who should we be targeting and how can we provide the optimal strategies to reach these users? How do we optimize the marketing message to achieve performance goals? How can we use data to increase consumer value and satisfaction? Where can we identify additional opportunities for growth? How can we maintain consistent infrastructure globally as we rapidly grow?
As the lead Marketing Data Analyst, you will take ownership of these questions and build out our marketing analytics program. The future of great marketing relies on data and great data starts with you. You will perform analyses, drive how we structure our data and build out a marketing data strategy. Weâ€™re excited to take our use of data to the next level in order to improve decision making, optimize funnels, improve targeting, accelerate sales pipeline, and most importantly, get to intimately know our customers.
The Major Responsibilities:
Create and deliver insightful reports and analyses. Contribute to marketing strategy and campaign design.
- Analyze all marketing campaigns and tactics to determine their effectiveness in driving engagement, product adoption, and retention.
- Develop dashboards that provide reliable insights and visualization into channel performance relative to KPIs, projections, and historical performance.
- Leverage predictive analytics to support demand pipeline forecast, by segment, product and territory/market.
- Set up and build additional channel reports so we can begin to get insights on individual channel performance.
Optimize marketing campaign performance and return on marketing investment.
- Develop recommendations for changes to investment and marketing strategy, optimize the efficacy of marketing spend based on quantitative analyses.
- Implement and analyze A/B or multivariate tests to provide actionable insights to the marketing team to inform future campaign design.
Build the marketing data infrastructure and data processes needed to scale.
- Implement standard processes, data infrastructure, operational best practices.
- Collaborate with our business intelligence team on the improvement of our web analytics and tagging systems, primarily within Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager platform.
- Validate and analyze the accuracy of user data maintained in various databases.
Deepen our knowledge of our customers to improve targeting and user experience.
- Sift through large amounts of marketing data and omnichannel marketing interactions to make recommendations on ideal marketing mix and ideal customer journeys.
- Use expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand the userâ€™s lifecycle within the SU product portfolio.
Collaborate across teams and functions to improve data insights and established a shared understanding of marketingâ€™s contribution to growth.
- Collaborate with teams to design and develop testing strategies and metrics (KPI and secondary) to evaluate marketing effectiveness and efficiency.
- Partner with product leads to develop segmentation strategies that more effectively target key users.
- Present and share out marketing data and insights with the company at staff meetings, lunch and learns, and colloquiums.
Our Requirements (you must have):
- Expert level understanding of end to end Marketing processes, data flows and data sets.
- Expert level experience in providing data-driven insight and data-mining with Marketing data.
- Expert level experience on presenting actionable recommendations to Marketing teams for driving strategy and performance.
- A BS or MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years of analytical and database experience.
- Proficiency with multiple analytical and database tools.
- Expert knowledge of SQL.
- Excellent data visualization skills.
- An ability to communicate data and key findings in an impactful way.
About You (weâ€™d like it if you have):
- 3-years of experience in analytics for a consumer brand and/or a B2B brand.
- Experienced with Python and R.
- Experience creating dashboard reporting in Tableau or a similar visualization tool a plus.
- A commitment to learning - We want someone who seeks to deliver impact and also invests in themselves and others. We donâ€™t get better by standing still, so you will need to consistently seek to innovate and raise the bar.
- A love of data - you just go get the data you need and turn it into an insightful story. You know how to convert data into decisions without getting stuck in paralysis by analysis.
The position primary work location will be at SU headquarters, Moffett Field, CA, or remote within the United States.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We aspire to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions.
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- 401(k) plan.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanityâ€™s greatest challenges.
We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
We take Moonshots , thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
At Singularity University, we are united in our common purpose to empower a diverse global community of 200,000 leaders, entrepreneurs, and inspired solvers working to tackle humanityâ€™s most urgent challenges and achieve success in an era of unprecedented disruption. We support our community and clients through empathy and acceptance, and we are cultivating a new kind of customer hero through our innovative and transformative programs. Fulfilling our mission entails a commitment to inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work alongside, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the SU family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.