*** * * * * * * * * 100% remote job and Phone Hire only* * * * * **
Role - Senior Geospatial Big Data Engineer
Location - Creve Coeur,MO or Remote
Duration - 12 month Contract on W2
Mode of interview-Phone Hire
Specific Tools/Languages: Java, Linux, C++, PHP, Ruby, Python and/or R.
• Experience working with raster and vector data sets applying GDAL and similar spatiallibraries
• Experience developing REST style and OGC APIs that serve up geospatial data leveraging GeoServer or other similar open source technologies, preferably in a cloud environment
• Proven experience (2 years) with distributed systems, e.g. Mesos, Kubernetes, Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra, distributed databases, grid computing
Nice to have:
• Experience in using Geo Server enabled services via JS libraries: Google Maps, OpenLayers
The Geospatial Big Data Engineer will be involved in the design of big data solutions that leverage open source and cloud-based solutions within the Location360 enterprise initiative and will work with multiple teams across the organization (i.e. cloud analytics, data architects, business groups). The big data engineer will participate in the building of large-scale data processing systems, is an expert in data warehousing solutions and should be able to work with the latest (NoSQL) database technologies.
A big data engineer should embrace the challenge of dealing with petabyte or even exabytes of data daily. A big data engineer understands how to apply technologies to solve big data problems and to develop innovative big data solutions. The big data engineer generally works on implementing complex big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple platforms. The big data engineer should be able to develop prototypes and proof of concepts for the selected solutions.
• UAV imagery pipeline for phenotypical characterization
• Variable seeding rate prescriptions project
• Environmental Classification