SafeNet Assured Technologies (SafeNet AT) is a U.S. based provider of government high-assurance data security solutions. Our mission is to provide innovative solutions to protect the most vital data from the core to the cloud to the field for defense, intelligence, and civilian agencies across the U.S. Federal Government. With a concentration on Federal and other U.S. government agency requirements, SafeNet AT is better able to serve its government customers while also investing in the development of future technologies to secure the Federal Government's most sensitive information. The company's core values are centered around character, empowerment, courage, drive, and innovation.
Job Summary :
SafeNet AT currently has an opening for a Sr. Development Engineer. The person filling this position will be involved with the full systems lifecycle of existing and new SafeNet AT - Cogent products and systems. As a member of the SafeNet AT - Cogent Department of Defense (DoD) team, the candidate must have skills to evaluate, design, implement, test, and support challenging technical solutions involving SafeNet AT - Cogent AFIS/ABIS. The SafeNet AT - Cogent AFIS/ABIS comprises biometrics components and software (collect, store, match and share) and third party components and software development kits. This position requires experience and ability to work with COTS hardware and software (e.g., bare metal servers, virtual machines, cloud systems), system networks, programming languages, technologies and database systems, spawning multiple projects, in usually fast paced environment.
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyze and map requirements to existing and new hardware and software solutions
- Analyze and understand large code base (C and C++) and begin effective contribution to the project
- Help to implement and follow best practices in software development
- Participate in and contribute to development team discussions and day to day activities as a key team player
- Create and maintain project deliverables, technical documents and specifications
- Trouble shoot, isolate and fix operational problems
- When needed, work directly with end users and provide technical assistance and support
- Perform all job functions in timely and efficient manner with little or no assistance
- Be able to work effectively on more than one project simultaneously and efficiently manage time
- Ownership and responsibility for all technical items of assigned functional areas, include support and future enhancements
- Research and evaluate new technologies, make solution recommendations with supporting technical documentation
- Perform and support system tests, including creating test tools and test plans
Location and Travel : The person hired for the position of Sr. Development Engineer will be primarily be located remote office and this position is NOT eligible for relocation benefits. This position may include up to 30% travel worldwide.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Must be able to obtain and retain a Top Secret security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information. Polygraph test may be required.
- Position Subject to a clean drug test.
- Adaptability and ability to perform with minimal supervision working independently and on interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to think creatively and develop innovative strategies and strong oral / written communications skills.
- Demonstrate ability to explain technical issues clearly / accurately to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Understanding of agile development methods (user story generation, sprint / scrum development, backlog management, and test-driven development).
- Demonstrate ability to lead the identification, tracking, mitigation, and resolution of risks, gaps, and issues in technical capabilities.
- Demonstrate support to engineering planning efforts for projects and services throughout their life cycles from pre-acquisition through final disposition.
- Ability to provide technical direction, subject matter expertise and market research for all mission domains and enabling technologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of security and insider threat policies and processes.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, Engineering, Engineering Management, Information Technology, Mathematics, System Engineering, or a related discipline is preferred. Applicants without a Bachelor's degree will be evaluated by the combination of work experience, certifications, and college course completion.
- Experience as a team or project lead for architectures from small to enterprise
- Prefer experience with DoD or federal space leadership, administrators, and users
- Approximately 5 years experience working in Go, C++, C and/or Python
- At least 4 years of development experience with Java and/or C#
- At least 4 years experience developing in cloud services such as AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Able to develop REST services using MySQL, MongoDB, and Oracle databases
- Able to develop web based applications using Flask, Django, and/or ASP.NET Core MVC
- Experience with the implementation of web server technologies such as Apache, IIS, NGINX
- Experience with queuing technologies such as ActiveMQ and RabbitMQ
- Experience with Angular and Node
- Solid understanding with DevOps in Virtual Machine Technology and Concepts (e.g., VMware, vSphere ESXi, VMware Workstation, Windows Hyper-V, Oracle VirtualBox, Linux V-Server, Docker, etc.)
- Experience with network and system security practices, procedures, and documentation
- Security+ certification is a plus
- provided by Dice Remote position, US citizen, clearance required, Cogent AFIS/ABIS, VMware, vSphere ESXi, VMware Workstation, Windows Hyper-V, Oracle VirtualBox, Linux V-Server, Docker