Are you looking to grow your career and build front-end experiences for some of the biggest brands in the world? Mediacurrent is a leading open source agency with a proven track record of helping some of the most name recognizable brands with their digital experiences.
Youâ€™ll work with a distributed team of top talent that is committed to delivering the best for our clients, supporting you and your career development and being a thought leader in open source software.
We Will Offer You:
- The support, tools, and environment to help you succeed.
- An existing Delivery team that are thought leaders in their field and have a portfolio of world-class case studies to prove it.
- Exposure to all facets of the web development process in a transparent, fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- An ability to telecommute and work from the convenience of your home.
- A portfolio of challenging projects across every industry vertical with global brands.
- Excellent learning opportunities, professional growth and mentoring.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Guide customers and team through the front-end process, helping articulate the designers/clientâ€™s vision to front-end team.
- Turn interface designs into styleguide components and Drupal themes that position customerâ€™s web presence for success.
- Determine optimal front-end development direction based on project requirements.
- Work with and integrate front-end frameworks such as Angular, React and Vue.
- Keep informed and provide thought leadership on emerging interactive design, front-end technology, and usability trends.
- Contribute to open source community projects that are centered around usability and the front-end.
- Provide project and task estimates.
- Work with internal and external customers to discuss project status and long term roadmap strategies.
- Ensure proper approach, best practice application, and correct separation of presentation code from business logic.
- Create prototypes that communicated the features and functionality to internal teams and client.
What We Are Looking For / Qualifications:
- 2+ years experience building user interfaces from design assets for the web.
- Ability to understand and interpret written creative briefs/questionnaires, wireframes, creative assets to direct reports in best theming practices.
- CSS/HTML5 expert, understanding latest trends and techniques for styling for desktop and mobile browsers.
- Knowledge of responsive design, & understanding of mobile-first approach as well as a good knowledge of previous browsersâ€™ limitations.
- Detail oriented, excellent follow through, ability to work independently.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, working on multiple theme projects in unison.
- Experience using source control systems such as Git.
- Experience with Twig and implementation of theming within CMS platforms
- Expertise in interactive design, CSS animation techniques
- Excellent time management, problem solving, and teamwork skills.
- Positive, supportive, and fun individual are traits we desire.
At Mediacurrent, we continue to invest heavily in our expanding, 70+ person team. We are a stable, profitable company with an excellent benefits package. We have regular company-wide events, weekly knowledge shares, and are committed to an outstanding company culture.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mediacurrent provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mediacurrent complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates or employees reside. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.