About the Job:
QA is an important function within Scrapinghub. The QA team works to ensure that the quality and usability of the data scraped by our web scrapers meets and exceeds the expectations of our enterprise clients.
Are you passionate about data and data quality and integrity?
Do you enjoy using Python to automate testing, analyze data, and speed up manual processes?
Are you highly customer-focused with excellent attention to detail?
Due to growing business and the need for ever more sophisticated QA, we are looking for talented Software Engineers with experience in Python and automation to join our team. As a Scrapinghub Engineer, you will build automated test frameworks and ad hoc test scripts to assist verification and validation of data quality.
Due to business requirements, candidates must be based in a European or U.S. timezone.
- Understand customer web scraping and data requirements and map these to automated tests.
- Analyze gaps in test coverage and bridge gaps with appropriate automated solutions in Python.
- Take responsibility for data quality in multiple parallel projects, often working under minimal supervision.
- Collaborate with developers, Head of QA, and Project Managers to efficiently move new scraping projects from the client requirements-specification stage, through development, QA, and ultimately on to the client with a high degree of quality.
- Proactively suggest and take ownership of improvements to QA processes and methodologies.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable Python programming knowledge and experience, minimum of 3 years (please provide code samples in your application, via a link to GitHub or other publicly-accessible service).
- Minimum 3 years in a Software Test, Software QA, or Software Development role, in Agile, fast-paced environment and projects.
- Solid grasp of web technologies and protocols (HTML, XPath, JSON, HTTP, CSS etc.)Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans, test cases, and bug reports in JIRA, Redmine, or similar.
- Able to formulate moderate to reasonably complex SQL queries.
- Good level of written and spoken English; confident communicator; able to communicate on both technical and non-technical levels with various stakeholders on all matters of QA.
- Demonstrable experience in taking responsibility for assignments and seeing them to completion with minimal supervision.
- Experience in implementing automated tests and building automated test frameworks.
- Knowledge and experience of Scrapy and other Python-based scraping frameworks a distinct advantage.
- Prior experience in a Data QA role (where the focus was on verifying data quality, rather than testing application functionality).
- Linux command knowledge.
- A demonstrable interest in web scraping, data extraction, and data analysis.
- Previous remote working experience.