Today, Cloud runs primarily in public cloud environments like AWS and GCP, allowing customers to provision and scale Elastic clusters in a turnkey fashion. In addition to our SaaS solution we're working on bringing this same simplicity of deployment and automation to customers who want to run and manage multiple Elastic clusters on-premise (in their own data centers).You will be contributing significantly to both initiatives. You will also be integral in crafting the products we build, not just implementing specs.
Are you a front-end developer, ready to work on Cloud, our Elasticsearch-as-a-service product offering?
If so, we'd love to talk. _ To be considered, please include a short note as to why you are a fit for this Great Opportunity! _
To get a feel for some of the things we work with, take a look at this blog post by one of our team members.https://www.elastic.co/blog/color-coded-visualizations-react
If you read this far and think, “that's me!” then you probably won't need to read any further and we should have a conversation. But if you are in any doubt the type of experiences we expect you to have then the following should help clarify;
What you will be doing:
- You will innovate, lead and contribute to the development and user experience of both our hosted and on-premise offerings.
- You will work closely with the Elastic Cloud Product, Operations and Engineering teams to define and shape the tasks we work on.
- Assist in designing a scalable cloud offering working across everything from a few Elasticsearch clusters and Kibana instances to many thousands
What you've done:
- At least five years of web application development experience
- Ability to work with a worldwide team in a distributed work environment
- Enthusiastic about at least one of the following: UX, accessibility, security, design, or quality assurance
- Track record in UX design is a huge plus
- Experience building React applications in a large scale production environment
- Understanding of the operational concerns for cloud-based software deployments
- Helped build the UI for a highly technical Software-as-a-Service or Platform-as-a-Service
- You believe in progress over perfection
- We love people that are able to jump into new problem spaces and quickly identify potential pitfalls in design, implementation or UX
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)