Site Reliability Engineer
New Context is a rapidly growing consulting company in the heart of downtown San Francisco. We specialize in Lean Security: an approach that leads organizations to build better software through hands-on technical and management consulting. We are a group of engineers who live and breathe Agile Infrastructure, Systems Automation, Cloud Orchestration, and Information Security.
As a New Context Site Reliability Engineer you will be expected to provide technical leadership with a hands-on approach. On a daily basis you will be interfacing with our clients and other New Context team members while working from the New Context office, at client sites, or from your home. Expect to heavily leverage open source software to tackle challenges like delivery of highly secured containers, management of IoT devices or building Big Data ecosystems at petabyte scale and beyond.
Who you are:
Seasoned Technical Veteran
- 5 - 15+ years work experience in a DevOps, SRE, or Continuous Integration role
- Experience with highly available and high-performance open source web technologies
- Existing familiarity (or the eagerness to learn) Ruby and/or Python is helpful
- Experience acting as a technical lead on technical project
- Experience managing teams preferred
- Experience acting as a technically hands on Project Manager preferred
- Consulting experience preferred
Possess a working knowledge of:
- TCP/IP, firewall policy design, social engineering, intrusion detection, code auditing, forensic analysis
- 5+ years experience with public cloud and automated server provisioning
- Automated tests and their role in software engineering
- Understanding of languages C, Perl, Python, and Ruby (some or all)
- Web App development / deployment
Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with external clients and customers
- Translate complex concepts to business customers
Team Player & Independent Thinker
- You must be able to think on your feet, communicate constantly and professionally, and above all else meet the expectations of our clients.
- Ability to communicate productively with customers to explain the technical aspects and project status.
Value Driven & Integrity
- At New Context, our core values are Humility, Integrity, Quality & Passion and this is lived by our employees every day!
Technology we use:
- Chef, Puppet, Docker, Ansible, Salt, Terraform, Automated Testing
- Docker, Mesosphere, Rancher, CoreOS, Kubernetes
Cloud & Virtualization
- AWS, Google Compute Engine, OpenStack, Cloudstack, kvm, libvirt
- Jenkins, Atlassian Suite, Pivotal Tracker, Vagrant, Git
- SysDig, Data Dog, AppDynamics, New Relic, Nagios, Zabbix
- Cassandra, Hadoop, Redis, postgresql, MySQL
- Compliance standards, firewalls, scanners, OSSEC
- Agile, Lean, DevOps, TDD, pair programming