A Remote Desktop Support Technician job in Groton, CT is available through Modis. In this role, our client is a fortune 500 company with room for growth and stability. We are looking for someone who is smart, dependable, driven and have a strong interest in an IT role.
(Remote Desktop Support Technician) job responsibilities include:
• Provides basic troubleshooting assistance and ticket resolution for personal computer users.
• Supports computer users with installation of basic hardware/software and networking components to meet personal computer needs.
• Diagnoses and troubleshoots basic problems with individual or multiple computer systems to maintain proper functioning; resolves issues including contacting and assisting vendors.
• Conducts diagnostic reviews and produces error reports as requested by customers to identify and correct any problems.
• Assists with computer studies, projects, and implementation of policies throughout area of assignment.
• Assists in the design and development of standardized operational management reports to identify issues or monitor computers.
• Researches, analyzes and provides hardware/software quotations, ordering information and other purchasing information to users to assist in ordering needed equipment.
• Provides on-site field support to customers including installation, and servicing and repairing complex systems and equipment.
• Resolves customer problems in the areas of hardware/software installation, repair, upgrade and maintenance.
• Resolves more complex installations and maintenance issues.
• Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of systems/equipment.
• Ensures issues are referred to the appropriate personnel/service areas for follow up, testing and troubleshooting.
• Performs complex analysis and prepares reports on system problem trends and issues.
• Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Good organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Experience working with the company's hardware, software and equipment products
• Experience working with customer technology and support requirements
• Experience in desktop support for pc's, laptops, software, hardware, printers, and related equipment
• Experience in Firewalls and network support
• Experience with VPNs is preferred
• Experience with Active Directory is preferred
• Experience using ticketing systems
• Good interpersonal skills to resolve field support problems
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good communication skills
• Good time management and organizational skills
If you are interested in this Remote Desktop Support Technician job in Groton, CT then please click APPLY NOW. If you have questions about the position or would like more information please contact Matthew Levy at or by email (Email Address Withheld by Request)