Assists in the design, development and implementation of core and web-based Java applications to support all HES business areas and associated acceptance criteria. Follows approved agile methodologies in the design and development efforts for the agile team.
- As an Agile team member, ensures that sprint objectives are completed in a timely manner, consistently achieving team commitments regardless of role or title.
- Has a useful understanding of the business processes and the technology platform that enables it.
- Translates stakeholder's requirements into common language that can be adopted for use with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) or Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Collaborates with stakeholders, product owners, and development team members to achieve business results. Analyzes acceptance criteria and provides feedback to the product owner and delivery team.
- Works continually on improving performance of source code using industry standard methodologies.
- Participates in industry and other professional networks to ensure awareness of industry standards, trends and best practices in order to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge.
- Provides support to business users to assist with day to day production activities, as required.
- Adheres to the establishment of group standards and processes. Participates in the Communities of Practice.
- Strategic Initiatives: Actively engages in driving strategic initiatives, and the related goals, to ensure the most optimal outcome.
- Communication: Effectively communicates using written, oral, non-verbal, and active listening skills. Has the ability to clearly present an idea or concept so others understand, lets others speak, and engages productively in difficult conversations while upholding our ethical values.
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university plus four to six years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Prefer experience in Healthcare, PBM and/or ABM, workers' compensation and/or insurance industry.
Technical Required experience:
- 3+ years Java
- 2+ years Spring framework
- 2+ years JUnit 4+ years Maven
- Strong understanding of SQL (selects, inserts, joins, stored procedures, functions)
- 2+ years code management tool
- 2+ years applied object oriented design patterns
- 1+ years TDD / BDD development methodology
The following technical knowledge is not required, but is preferred:
- JBoss BRMS
- Enterprise Application Platform experience (JBoss/Seams, TC Server/Spring)
- Spring Integration, Batch, Data, Security
- MS SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Cucumber, Gherkin
- Micro Services, DDD
- Eclipse / ItelliJ IDE
- Version One
Agile Competency Requirements:
- Requires an understanding of the application of Agile development methodology.
- Must be comfortable with change, close collaboration, and have conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn Agile / DevOps values.
- Takes initiative and are passionate about what they do.
- Adaption, Ability & Desire to Learn, Team Oriented - tolerance & helpful, and Quality Focus
- provided by Dice Sr Java Developer - East Coast Candidates Only - Remote