AWS Cloud Architect/ Principal Cloud Engineer (DevOps) - work from Remote
Manager is OK with remote candidates, will need to be onsite roughly 3-4 days per 3 months.
*** * * * * Candidates must have AWS Solution Architect Professional certification* * * * * **
The Platform Engineering team at Kinect Consulting, is looking to hire an experienced and highly motivated Principal Cloud Engineer. As part of this team, you will be working closely with the team to design, automate, and implement industry leading solutions to support Kinect Consulting clients through their digital transformation journey. In this role, you will play a crucial part in shaping the future infrastructure design and implementation for many customers for years to come!
You are a motivated engineer who is passionate about building at scale on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and defining how hundreds of engineers can be productive on AWS. You thrive at simplifying hard problems and can articulate the solution to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
You know there are tradeoffs between short-term productivity and long-term vision for the team, while being pragmatic about it. You are an expert in AWS services and Cloud Infrastructure (DNS, Networking, VPC, EC2, Lambda, Ansible, etc...), are passionate about cloud/infrastructure automation, and closely follow enhancements in the cloud industry.
• Providing technical leadership, deep technology expertise and architecture experience.
• Provides hands-on technical design and implementation ensuring technologies are successfully incorporated into our environments
• Designs and defines AWS architecture for new cloud computing systems or existing systems migrating to cloud architectures.
• Performs expert-level systems AWS development and design work that may include logical system design; I/O design; cloud architecture analysis and design; and systems engineering.
• Creation Cloud/Infrastructure automation as needed (Ansible)
• Ability to develop technical roadmaps for future AWS cloud implementations.
• Ensures security is integrated into all cloud architecture solutions.
• Design, test, certify and document new cloud services, environments and systems.
• Provide technical mentor other members of the cloud engineering team.
• Follow industry trends and build proof of concepts leveraging new cloud services.
The expected length of relevant prior experience beyond formal education is 8 or more years. The position requires the following technical skills:
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate or Professional preferred but not required
• AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional preferred but not required
• Advanced knowledge of cloud technologies and cloud infrastructure, including networking, VPCs, VGWs, VPNs, DNS. AWS preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of industry standard DevOps tools (CI/CD, Git, scripting, Gradle, Maven, Chef, git, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
• Solid understanding of cloud computing design and security principles.
• Detail-oriented, with excellent analytical, technical and problem-solving skills.
• Familiarity with software development projects from documentation, task management through delivery.
• Experience writing technical documentation for a technical audience.
• Strong commitment to customer service and service enablement.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with end-users, business owners, developers, managers and system engineers.
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment.