Work from Home, 100% Remote
Title: Sr. Open Source Engineer
Contract: Long Term
Position Purpose : The Azure Cloud Enablement (ACE) team is a global center of excellence in providing deep expertise in public/private/hybrid cloud solutions based on Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Azure Stack. ACE provides cloud focused consulting and implementation services to our customers. The ACE team is made up of world class experts in Azure, Azure Stack and the workloads that run on the Azure platform.
The ACE team is looking to expand and add a Senior Open Source Engineer to support our clients globally. We are for someone with a passion for building open source solutions to support cloud and hybrid cloud capabilities. The role requires the ability to engineer and develop tools that automate, scale, and integrate with various platforms, applications, and systems. A successful candidate should have deep knowledge of the entire open source stack and cloud.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced knowledge of development tools, application frameworks, and testing tools
- Eclipse, Ruby, Python, Perl, Shell, Java, PowerShell and Mono
- Advanced knowledge of Open Source infrastructure platforms
- Linux Core (Ubuntu, Centos/RHEL, CoreOS, RancherOS, Suse, Oracle Linux)
- Additional Infrastructure platforms: Kubernetes, Openstack, Openshift
- Additional Software platforms: Apache Spark, Hadoop, Tensorflow, MySQL, MSSQL Linux, Etc.
- Automated deployment and infrastructure management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Kickstart, Ansible, Salt, Terraform
- Experience with Git and Git workflows
- Knowledge of and experience with DevOps concepts, tools, and architectures
- Strong understanding of Linux core, networking, containers, container networking (Flannel, Weave, etc.) and performance tuning, including HPC and GPU workloads
Necessary Skills and Knowledge
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Windows Skills, etc.
- Database management - SQL, Couchbase, Kafka, Spark
- Cluster managers
- Experience with Big Data tools: Hadoop, Storm, NiFi, etc.
- Hadoop distributions - Cloudera, MapR, HortonWorks
- Network protocols (TCP, UDP, HTTP/S, PXE, DHCP, DNS, LDA)
- Understanding of IP networking technologies with specific knowledge of network addressing, routing, IP filtering, network-based load balancing, and cloud specific networking technologies.
- Continuous deployment tools
- Previous consulting experience for large enterprises
- provided by Dice Azure, Cloud, Eclipse, Ruby, Python, Perl, Shell, Java, PowerShell, Linux, RHEL, CoreOS, RancherOS, Suse, Oracle Linux, Kubernetes, Openstack, Openshift, Puppet, Chef, Kickstart, Ansible, Salt, Terra