This is a remote/work form home role
Xator is seeking an experienced, motivated Application Developer to support our Forest Service (FS) customer. The FS is the managing agency for the Fire and Aviation Management (FAM) applications. The number of organizations across, federal, state and local boundaries using the FAM applications adds complexity for FS and its contractor in management, design, access, and communications regarding the applications. FAM applications are used to collect, maintain and disseminate fire, weather incident and all hazard data (current and historical) in support of fire operations, budget development, fire resource planning, firefighter safety, public affairs information dissemination and public and private research and development. FAM applications directly support the FS mission by collecting, maintaining and providing access to current and historical fire and weather data.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Specialized Knowledge/Skills Requirements
- Provide Development, Modernization and Enhancement (DME) services to include
- but are not limited to:
- Debugging and resolving issues in existing Java based systems and delivering releases and emergency code fixes as required.
- interface with customer/client to drive high customer satisfaction ratings and generated new development work.
- Coordinate requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Develop documentation and reports.
- Support On-Call tier 3 escalation function (schedule rotates through all team members)
- Analyze the incident (Help Desk Ticket)
- Determine the cause of the incident.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose the incident.
- Resolve the issues and keep participants informed of outcome.
- Populate and categorize accurate, high-quality, detailed and complete tickets
- for each contact in the Incident Management System.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or recent equivalent experience, with a major in a field that provides substantial knowledge useful for managing IT requirements. Four years of experience can be used in lieu of degree.
- JAVA expertise, minimum of 5 years of experience providing JAVA based applications
- Strong knowledge of Java 6 or above
- Strong working knowledge of software architecture and design/re-design experience especially in the Java application space
- Highly skilled at debugging and resolving issues in existing Java based systems
- Experience with Eclipse, UNIX/LINUX, SQL database, Teamwork, Verbal Communication, Software Requirements, Software Development Process, Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Software Debugging
- Confident knowledge of XML, SQL, CSS, HTML
- Working knowledge of Eclipse based IDEâ€™s and SVN
- Working knowledge of JPA, ORM, Hibernate
- Working knowledge of Spring Framework
- Working knowledge of Java Messaging Service, Active MQ, Oracle/Postgres databases
- Knowledge with Endpoint and Enterprise Security Products
- Familiarity with Jasper Reports, Tomcat/J2EE Server
- Familiarity with Apache Flex
- Familiarity with caching, threading, synchronization concepts
- Familiar with UNIX/LINUX and Windows systems
- Perform related duties, as assigned or requested
- Update job knowledge by researching new Internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- US Citizenship
- Self-motivated, professional with proven experience. Flexible, team-player.
- Experience working remotely and working with remote customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to edit, rewrite and polish draft documentation
- Proficient in the entire MS Office Suite
- Attention to detail, accuracy, quality assurance, and on-time delivery
- Ability to acquire and maintain VA credentials
Xator Corporation provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment as required by and/or consistent with applicable country law and company policy. Consistent with the foregoing, Xator Corporation provides qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteransâ€™ status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status(s) protected by law. In the United States, Xator Corporation ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.