(This is a W2 contract to hire role)
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct programmers and analysts to make changes to existing databases and database management systems. Direct others in coding logical and physical database descriptions. Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project. Review and approve database development and determine project scope and limitations. Approve, schedule, plan and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems. Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure. Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information. Perform other duties as assigned.
The Senior MySQL DBA Architect will have responsibility primarily for MySQL database technologies.
Typical work-related activities include:
- Install, patch, upgrade, configure, tune and maintain MySQL databases
- Troubleshoot critical performance bottlenecks for MySQL databases
- Review and assess the impact of database design changes prior to their implementation
- Collaborate with other IT teams and Vendors to resolve complex and multi-disciplinary issues
- Work independently and represent database group in various projects
- Ensure that databases are monitored, maintained, backed up, and available as appropriate.
- Manage database security with an adherence to PNC's security policy
- Review stress testing results and provide recommendations to development teams
- Automate management tasks, streamline processes, and perform standard administrative functions
- Mentor, assist, encourage, and serve as a backup to other team members
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Understanding of MySQL's underlying storage engines
- Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL
- Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases
- Strong knowledge of ODBC/JDBC client/server communication
- Automation experience with 'shell' and 'SQL' scripting
- Analytical skills necessary to perform troubleshooting of errors and performance issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Results-oriented and able to work across the organization as an individual contributor
- Ability to work in a rapidly transforming organization
- Excellent customer service skills
- Interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
- Technically proficient in assigned IT discipline(s)
- Ability to deliver consistent, high quality, cost effective service by handling routine, as well as some non-routine, systems issues
- Experience with Oracle 11g, 12c and GoldenGate 13.X a plus.
- Work experience with OLTP, OLAP, Staging, and Data warehouse configuration.
- provided by Dice Mysql, Oracle , DBA , Database