Position: Lead Linux/Azure Engineer
Location: Can work Remote Either can work from Maryland, Virginia or Washington, DC offices (candidate's choice)
Duration: Multiyear Contract
Note: US Citizenship or Green Card status resources are required for this position to satisfy ITAR regulations, We are unable to sponsor at this time.
- For a large customer base of 8 million+, standing on Azure Cloud and well-developed Windows and Linux environment
- Lead Linux Systems Cloud responsible for expanding the cloud-native Linux environment in support of development projects
- Provide technical direction and engineering support for projects and infrastructure need Linux-based Cloud systems
- Develops basic knowledge of industry technologies/competition, concepts and trends
- Responsible for the design, installation and post-installation sustainment activities
- Passion for and a history of delivering successful engineered solutions in the Azure Cloud
- Advanced experience in engineering Linux Server operating Systems, including services such as monitoring, build, patch, upgrade, configuration management, storage management, etc.
- Intermediate to Advanced experience in Azure Infrastructure as a Service (Azure IaaS)
- 2+ years' work experience building and operating medium to large computing environments that equate to 100+ VMs for IaaS and 100+ users for IaaS and PaaS environments.
- Intermediate experience with Azure Software as a Service (Azure SaaS)
- Working knowledge of Pivotal Cloud Foundry Platform as a Server (PCF PaaS)
- Experience with MySQL and other open source technology
- Work experience in large IT environments of 1000+ Information System Department employees
- Knowledge of and adherence to change control standards and procedures, problem resolution, and troubleshooting techniques
- Lead, guide and advise project teams on Cloud and Linux best practices and design
- Provide technical leadership in architecture discipline & development of IT solutions
- Apply engineering principles to the advocacy, design and enhancement of systems
- Present clear, organized & concise information to audiences to enable business decisions
- Perform engineering tasks/assignments in support of business needs
- Ensure the security and integrity of system and product solutions
- Document new system components, or modifications to existing components
- Perform research, deployment and configuration of systems
- Provide input and make budgetary recommendations regarding staffing and equipment
- Infrastructure as a Service - Design, implementation, documentation, and support of infrastructure, virtual machines, platform, storage, backup, configuration management, and patching.
- Platform as a Service - Design, implementation, documentation, and support of infrastructure, configuration management, and patching
Guardian Info Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Guardian does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
- provided by Dice Linux, Azure