Remote-Direct Hire-Senior UCCE Engineer/Developer
CompuGain is an Information Technology and Business Consulting firm providing project-based solutions, software solutions and professional staffing services. -
Note: This opportunity is 100% Remote.
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Develop and write necessary Cisco CVP IVR applications in accordance with client requirements.
- Develop and write necessary code to integrate Cisco UCCE with other API's, CTI screen pop, Finesse gadgets, IVR database dips
- Design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot Cisco Unified Communications Systems, including Call Manager / Unified Communications Manager and Contact Center Enterprise
- Responsible for implementation (build) of a variety of voice patterns including Cisco and Contract Center applications and peripherals
- Assess, design and document technical requirements supporting business / RFP needs
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership
- Bachelor's degree required, preferred field of study IT or Computer Science; equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- 6-8 years' experience administering, engineering, deploying, troubleshooting, and supporting all components of the CISCO UCCE suite - including CVP & ICM scripting
- Strong knowledge of Java, XML, WSDL, SQL, API, Python, and other integration programming language
- Experience in deploying CISCO IDS, SSO, web chat, email, and other products for CTI Screen pop, Database dips, Finesse gadgets, and other API integrations.
- Strong knowledge of industry standards
- Strong best practices in adopting and compiling to a development lifecycle model (system and UAT testing in lab) required
- Experience in engineering, deploying, and supporting UCCE version 11.x
- Ability to work independently end with a strong sense of system ownership
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing with sensitivity to the audience and content of discussion
- Knowledge of other contact center platforms and VOIP protocols
- Firm understanding of CUCM call routing, device pools, codec configurations, dial-peers, and partition management required
- Ability to communicate technical terms to non-technical users required
- Collaboration skills and attention to detail required
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP and ability to troubleshoot LANs and WANs required
- CCNA Collaboration
- CCNP Collaboration
- CCIE Collaboration preferred
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years' experience; or equivalent experience.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel as a team lead.
Thank you for your time and consideration
12901 Worldgate Drive, Suite 510
Herndon, Virginia 20170
- provided by Dice Cisco UCCE, CVP IVR, Call Manager/Unified Communications Manager, Script