Magento Developer (REMOTE)
Duration: Contract - 1 year +
Experience with M1 and M2 is a must
Strong Backend experience is highly preferred
The software developer's role is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The software developer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required. The selected candidate will have experience developing interfaces that will support numerous systems as part of ongoing modernization, migration, and new development efforts. Work collaboratively with IT, business units, and key stakeholders to execute, validate, and deliver system requirements.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
• Troubleshoot and debug issues within existing systems
• Quickly determine solutions to complex problems, and ensure tasks are thoroughly tested prior to production deployment
• Maintain an upbeat attitude and a commitment to working as a team to solve problems
• Other duties as deemed necessary.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities: Required:
• Magento 1.x and 2.x expertise
• Experience developing custom solutions with Wordpress
• Experience with Solr, Sphinx, or similar searching engine
• Experience with Magento's Multi website capabilities
• Strong Knowledge of Magento Best Practices, including experience developing custom extensions and extending third party extensions
• Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (oop)
• Knowledge of various design and architectural patterns
• Familiarity with common developer tools - git
• Familiarity with common developer frameworks - jquery, bootstrap, prototype
• Strong problem solving skills through analysis.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to break down information into its base components in order to derive solutions and understanding.
• Organizational skills and the ability to maintain information in a logical and easily understood manner.
• Time management skills and the ability to prioritize work based on the needs of the business.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate in english both verbally and in writing.
• Strong customer service skills and the ability to demonstrate a high degree of customer centric, courtesy, efficiency and professionalism.
• Ability to travel both domestically and internationally on a limited basis.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
• Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
• Ability to work in a constant state of alertness.
• Experience with Content Delivery Networks
• Experience with Nginx and Apache configurations
• Experience with frontend performance optimization and metrics
• Experience with server side performance optimization and metrics
• Experience with the Google PageSpeed Server Module
• Experience with Expression Engine or other CMS platforms
• Knowledge of optimization, caching, and scaling techniques
• Experience with load balanced web solutions
• Experience with automated testing solutions
• Experience Working In Agile Scrum Team Environment
• Experience With Jira And Other Atlassian Tools
Minimum Work Experience: Two (2) Years Of Experience Developing Software Solutions.
License(s) / Certification(s):
• Magento Certified Developer and/or
• Magento Certified Frontend Developer and/or
• Magento Certified Developer Plus