Linux Systems Administrator (Remote working)
Aspire IT Recruitment LTD
My reputable client in Edinburgh are seeking a Linux Systems Engineer.
- Maintenance of between 60 and 150 Linux hosts depending on client activity.
- Actively monitor systems to identify issues and fixing problems as they arise.
- Participate in evening and weekend on-?call rota to ensure 24/7/365 support coverage.
- Assist the Systems Administration team with installation and upgrade of internal and client systems.
- Maintain documentation of the current systems environment and communicate change to the environment to the team.
- Participate in the configuration, complete the installation and maintain a city wide box office system and network during July and August.
- Participate in monitoring and recording of the PCI:DSS regime of the company and key customers.
Preferred additional skills and experience
- JBossAS, JBossEAP or other Java EE container, e.g Tomcat
- Network and performance monitoring -Nagios/Icinga, Cacti, Graphite
- MySQL/MariaDB administration (queries, maintenance & performance tuning)
- VPNs (SSL or IPSEC)
- Virtualisation (VMware ESX / KVM / Proxmox)
- Linux High Availability (Clusters)
- Experience with dynamic routing (RIP & OSPF)
- Experience of Docker
- Experience using Ansible