Are you a passionate software development professional looking for a new challenge? Do you have laser focus to provide the best products and services that will ensure an awesome customer experience? Are you naturally curious and a Team player? If so, we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
At A2 Hosting our Core Values guide the work that we do. You might fit in well at A2 if these values describe you:
Passionate - We take pride in what we do
Collaborative - We think about the team first
Customer Focused - We are empathetic and respectful
Curious - We desire to learn and do better
Software Developers are an integral part of the A2 Hosting team. We are growing development teams that are dedicated to embracing agile best practices & principles. We remotely pair program, test first, and own the code from inception into production. If you are experienced with and interested in a collaborative, remote, team-oriented approach to full stack web development, the A2 Hosting Software Development team might be the perfect fit for you!
International candidates encouraged! You must be excellently fluent in English, and be able to be working collaboratively approximately 09:00 - 17:00 Eastern Time Zone.
Employment Type: Full-time, Exempt,100% Telecommute.
What youâ€™ll do:
- Collaboratively write fully tested, clean, high quality code
- Find creative and innovative approaches to complex problems
- Actively participate in and sometimes lead design and architecture decisions
- Work, learn and lead in a remote cross-functional agile team
- Grow your skills and continue to advance your craft
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills and comfort with working in a remote agile development environment
- Drive and motivation to learn, lead and contribute at a high level
- Experience and comfort with object oriented principles, design and techniques
- We work primarily in PHP, so you should have deep experience with at least one general purpose programming language, and either have PHP experience or be comfortable quickly picking it up
- Experience with SQL databases
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in a technical discipline, or many years of directly corresponding experience
- Experience in other programming languages and frameworks a plus, e.g. Angular, TypeScript, Laravel
- Comfortable with penguins, proficiency in linux command line
- Experience with TDD, test automation, CI/CD, Docker, Gitlab/Github, version control systems e.g. git
- A good understanding of DevOps and a customer focus
- Experience working on a remote development team
- Ability to speak to APIs like R2-D2
What we offer:
- Subsidized health insurance, dental and vision coverage also available
- Paid parental leave
- Company-matching 401k, traditional or Roth
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Company provided life insurance
- Paid vacations, holidays and sick time
- Regular company events such as summer BBQs and holiday parties
If you'd like to apply to join our team, please submit your resume!