Please send me your resume at or please dial
Power BI Developer : REMOTE
Location : Houston, TX 77046 Preferred ( Open for REMOTE AS WELL )
Duration : 3 - 6 Month's contract position with possible extension.
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
This Technology Engineer will be joining the TSI Team within Office of the CTO, facing off to Technology Management and Operations and Engineering Teams.
They will be tasked to meet with the Business Analysts to analyze the data and reporting requirements, understand the operational needs, and recommend and deliver on the best available metrics and visualizations using Power BI.
They will be responsible for creating and deploying visually appealing and highly interactive Microsoft Power BI based reports and dashboards. In addition, they will be creating T-SQL queries, setting up data connections and refresh schedules using Power BI gateways, and writing DAX and R statements as necessary. The Engineer will be responsible for writing efficient reports by following internal and industry standards and BI methodologies.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
• The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, designing, developing, implementing and maintaining Microsoft Power BI dashboard and reports.
• They will work with a Team of Business Analysts and Business Partners to review and understand the requirements and translate them into visualizations and KPIs in a report.
• They would need to communicate and collaborate with teams across the globe to action these requirements and deliver the required reports.
• They will be tasked to format these reports in a simplistic, self-explanatory, and visually appealing way as to ensure answers to questions asked are clear and evident.
• They will work on improving existing reports and dashboards thru continuous improvement, best practices, analytical and strategic thinking, and business intelligence.
• They should be comfortable with extracting data from multiple data sources by configuring Power BI gateways, and using M scripting to connect and refresh the data.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
• Five plus years of experience with Microsoft BI Stack with at least two years of Power BI experience
• Proficient in translating user requirements into creative and interactive visual dashboards, catering to all level of Management including Tech Execs
• Comfortable in dealing with all levels of business partners and management
• Good knowledge of all Power BI technologies including data modeling, embedding, publishing to SharePoint and Power BI apps
• Excellent knowledge of all flavors of Power BI desktop software and Power BI gateways
• Strong understanding of Row Level Security, report parameters, and permissions
• High level familiarity with SSRS, SSIS, SSAS and related Microsoft tools such as Power Pivot and SharePoint services
• Experience in writing simple T-SQL queries to get the necessary data
• Solid understanding of relational database concepts
• Should have good knowledge on data preparation, quality and governance frameworks
• Should have good knowledge on data modeling using Excel spreadsheets, Power BI models and using DAX, M or SQL
• Is comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Can manage multiple tasks simultaneously; pays close attention to detail
• Can follow through on all assignments
• Possesses exceptional oral and written communications skills
• Is adept at managing competing priorities
• Can work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to work effectively with technical and business staff across geographic areas